What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, there are more than a dozen liquor stores, and a dozen grocery stores, within ten miles of my suburban Madison, WI, house, that have that kind of selection. And, if you've ever heard of Ale Asylum, my office is a mile away from their location. For my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary last year, I took a trip to their old location (which is about a half-mile closer to my office), and got a mix-and-match 24. By the end of my first night down there (my mother and her siblings had been there for a few days prior), the Ale Asylum was gone. By the end of the weekend, the other poncy Wisconsin beer was gone. The same story for my grandfather's funeral.

Anyway, it's my Christmas beer. I'll have a few left for Christmas, and I'm brewing tomorrow. I'm probably going to have two fingers of The Balvenie 12-year double-cask very shortly. I have boyish fingers, though. For a man in his late twenties, this is rather annoying.

This. And this. Not virgin of these now.

revelry.jpg

ebenezer.jpg

Homebrewed oatmeal stout. It's getting much better. I was getting worried there for a little bit.

Bottle of Prairie vodka - first with ginger beer and birch beer, but i'm out, so now with orange juice, lime, and lemon juice

Victory Hop Devil: I like it more than I use to,but I remember
likeing Hop Wallop alot more before. Havent had this much nor do I get the oportunity to get it around here,its a great ipa though.Most of victory stuff is victorious,mostly.

Finally ponied up the $24 for a 4-pack and let me tell you, dis $hit is da bidness! It's so thick I was barely able to get any kind of head forming action. Also I'm a genius because I picked this up on the way to the movies with SWMBO and left my window cracked so the 40 F outside air could chill it down we watched the movie.

20121215_220208.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Finally ponied up the $24 for a 4-pack and let me tell you, dis $hit is da bidness! It's so thick I was barely able to get any kind of head forming action. Also I'm a genius because I picked this up on the way to the movies with SWMBO and left my window cracked so the 40 F outside air could chill it down we watched the movie.

Looks tasty!

Told ya that ****'s the bomb. I still can't believe you guys are getting raped like that on the price though. But.... then again.... you still have it readily available. Getting hard to source here.

Drinkin' Nuke's IPA.

HPIM1621.jpg

Gotta say man, this is pretty solid. Pic doesn't do the color justice. Nice coppery color. Firm bitterness, nice hops flavor and aroma with a caramelly malt backbone. Thanks for sharing! :mug:

I am really liking Knee Deep Brews.

Hop Shortage coming in hot at 11.3%. Nose is a bit hot with decent hops. Bitter but good resiny and pine taste. Ill let it warm a bit and taste some more. Not bad though

image-3670202259.jpg

Told ya that ****'s the bomb. I still can't believe you guys are getting raped like that on the price though. But.... then again.... you still have it readily available. Getting hard to source here.

Drinkin' Nuke's IPA.

View attachment 88717

Gotta say man, this is pretty solid. Pic doesn't do the color justice. Nice coppery color. Firm bitterness, nice hops flavor and aroma with a caramelly malt backbone. Thanks for sharing! :mug:

Thanks for the kudos, man! It's all Cascade as boil hops with Willamette for dry hops. It's also a couple months old so I am surprised it still has the hop character that it does. Glad you're enjoying it. Can't wait to get my package so I can try some of yours. Cheers! :mug:

One way or another you're gonna get some Supplication bud :mug:

This is what I decided on, none of these have been tried by me. Is started with this one, since I've never had a gruit and it looked cool. It's very good, though I probably wouldn't seek it out.

image-1922055696.jpg

image-3308301160.jpg

bottlebomber said:
This is what I decided on, none of these have been tried by me.

image-4061902230.jpg

You won't be disappointed with that Wookey Jack. Great beer!

Brown Shugga with a steak and caramelized peppers and onions in steak sauce.

Now cherry vodka and diet wild cherry pepsi. ah bueno.

bottlebomber said:
I keep seeing you guys drinking it, so call it peer pressure ;)

Peer pressure or beer pressure?

I wish I had constant access to Wookey Jack. I might never drink another beer. I would probably sell everything I have for Wookey Jack money. I'd probably develop some sort of contraption to continuously feed it into my mouth 24/7.
Ahhh....That's the life. A man can dream!

I can send you some Supplication for some Zombie Dust or Dreadnaught or both. Would GLADLY do that. Really want to actually try from 3F stuff.

I wish I could man, but we don't get 3 Floyd's here. I'm actually trying to work out a trade to get those two myself. 'Specially ZD, I'm brewing Skeezerpleezer's clone next and need some research beer. If you're interested in anything we can get here (link), I will gladly trade for some RR's.

I keep seeing you guys drinking it, so call it peer pressure ;)

Dude, Wookey's the shizzz, you'll love it or you're a bigger homo than we though. :mug:

This comes courtesy of my new BFF, Nuke....

HPIM1622.jpg
Dude, thank you so much for coming through with the Headys!! :mug:

My own Brown Ale. Jury's still out on it, two bottles in and I'm not sure if I've come to a conclusion yet on what I think.

I wish I could man, but we don't get 3 Floyd's here. I'm actually trying to work out a trade to get those two myself. 'Specially ZD, I'm brewing Skeezerpleezer's clone next and need some research beer. If you're interested in anything we can get here (link), I will gladly trade for some RR's.

Dude, Wookey's the shizzz, you'll love it or you're a bigger homo than we though. :mug:

This comes courtesy of my new BFF, Nuke....

View attachment 88723
Dude, thank you so much for coming through with the Headys!! :mug:

My absolute pleasure. Just need to get my mitts on that Abrasive. I am super stoked to try that. It's going to get here just in time for me to try a few before I leave for Texas.

Right now I am drinking some of this. Nice citrus and pine aromas and a solid malt backbone. Try it if you can get your hands on it.

Attachments

• 20121215_232113.jpg
    20121215_232113.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 98

Bell's (IPA, IIPA) or Goose Island Bourbon would be awesome. Ill make it worth your while :) Cheers

bottlebomber said:
One way or another you're gonna get some Supplication bud :mug:

This is what I decided on, none of these have been tried by me. Is started with this one, since I've never had a gruit and it looked cool. It's very good, though I probably wouldn't seek it out.

I'd like this post but alas, I'm on my phone and after our party too damned tired to walk over to the computer.

The Wallop has a pretty good bite to it - and they're right in my backyard too ;)

Back