Fizz Drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If by Fizz Drops you also mean Carbonation Drops then I think their great, have always done the trick for me. I only use them for bigger bottles though as my usual bottle size is 500ml and that requires one and a half drops for obtimum carbonation, at least for my tastes anyway, and it can be a bit of a pain having to cut them in half.

As long as you use the correct amount no it does not over carbonate beer. General rule of thumb is 1 for 300-350ml bottles and 2 for 700-750ml bottles. You can then adjust according to the beer style you are brewing.

Never used them. It seems so much easier to make a sugar solution and add it to the bottling bucket rather than to each bottle.

I have never used them either, I also feel it is easier to add a solution to a bottling bucket. But in my case I think I will try them.

I am talking of a few bottles with the excess beer that won't fit into a keg. Right now I am dumping the leftover beer, I would rather drink it. Carbonation drops would seem to be easier than to try to figure out how much beer is left, then measure out a sugar solution, get out the bottling bucket, fill the few bottles then clean everything.

Last edited:
Never used them. It seems so much easier to make a sugar solution and add it to the bottling bucket rather than to each bottle.
Agreed if you are bottling a whole batch, but for the one off or bottles for comps, they are a legit alternative.

I keg, and do not like bottling from the keg and have no desire to buy or build a beer gun.

T

I put three drops in per 32oz bottle and the carbonation is consistent and perfect (for me). So much easier.

Back