Brew Pub Wake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Copper Canyon Brewpub began ripping out it's brewing equipment today in it's quest to be come a "regular" bar (new owners).

I had gone there occasionally when I lived within striking distance, but hadn't been in for a number of years. I had seen the signs that it was on the endangered list. Reports from others that the service was bad and the beer quality was starting to suffer. It never was a favorite of mine as they never had a beer darker thabn a red. Still...

I stopped in to say goodbye.

Taps were $1. They were literally removing the equipment with a fork lift as we sat at the bar.

I didn't stay long.

Even though it wasn't one of my hangouts, it is tough to see yet another brewpub go down.

3712-072207_11351.jpg

Never a good thing, but the equipment will pass to other hands & a new brewpub will be born. One of the few cases (npi) were re-incarnation actually works.

david_42 said:
Never a good thing, but the equipment will pass to other hands & a new brewpub will be born. One of the few cases (npi) were re-incarnation actually works.
Except that it's probably just as profitable to sell the tanks for scrap...

So sad...here's a toast...

Chimone said:
how big was the brewery? and did you ask what they are doing with the equipment?

It was a single location, all sold on premises.

It was pretty clear all of the stuff was spoken for. All of the staff seemed pretty bitter. I got most of my info from a patron at the bar.

I just heard about this last Saturday at our club meeting. Any word on what Jerry is going to do?

Damnit, that was down close to work, too... I could have picked up some cheap stuff.

So, you join to join us at Papago now? :)

Back