Lack of carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234Buckshot

Reaction score
I just got done opening a bottle of some all grain IPA and DAMIT there’s no carbonation. I cleaned rinsed and primed. I did not get all the way to my FG it did get hot in the house. Did it kill the yeast and if it did can I rebottle with new yeast. It tastes Ok if you like flat beer. The rest of my batches carbonated fine. Im new

How long have your bottles been conditioning? If you didn't reach your FG, I actually think that would add EXTRA carbonation to your bottles. It takes around a week to get decent carbonation going depending on the brew. Did you use 3/4 cup dextrose sugar dissolved in pre-boiled water? Was it mixed evenly throughout the beer before bottling?

It sat for 2 week in the fermenter about a month in the secondary and 3 weeks in the bottles. primed it with 3/4 cup corn sugar.

Hmmm, maybe one of the more experienced guys can chime in here but I don't know why there isn't any carbonation. It sounds to me like you did everything right...

Could the temp got to high and killed of my yeast? If so could I just rebottle with new yeast?

Back