What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saranac Dry Hop Lager. Very interesting beer overall. I don't associate the flavor with a lager. Seems both too bitter, too high in ABV and too malty. Now mind you it's JMO. And I may be assuming in my mind it's extra bitter cause of the nose of hops.

I've got a bit of a cold today with a runny nose... but the CTZ, Amarillo, and Citra in my red won't be ignored... and are coming through strong.

ForumRunner_20130227_191127.png

Sam Adam's Imperial Stout that my brew buddy brought over this past weekend. It's OK, but there are much better imperial stouts out there for sure. There's something I don't like about it in the front of the mouth, but I can't quite tell what it is. Either way I'll likely never pay my own money to drink this.

I have that same feeling with almost all Sam Adam's beers. Of course then six months go by and my feeble mind falls for another one and I'm reminded all over...

I have that same feeling with almost all Sam Adam's beers. Of course then six months go by and my feeble mind falls for another one and I'm reminded all over...

Me too, had the Tasman Red last weekend. It was good, not great. I was also 5-6 beers deep by then that night so I wasn't in the 'rating' mood.

Sam Adams Alpine Spring from spring thaw 12er, which is all that I have left in the fridge. I'll have something better tomorrow after the Brown truck comes ;)

ForumRunner_20130227_201716.jpg

Awesome!! Got my secondary bugs on the plate earlier today. It's dregs from a RR Supplication, Bruery Oude Tart (<---we'll drink one of those Sunday), and a 3Fonteinen Oude Gueuze. I'm gonna do a pack of Roselare and some 2nd gen ECY020 for the first pitch on Sunday. :rockin:

Just read today on Madfermentationist that the RR bottling strain (a wine yeast I'm assuming) is a killer, meaning it may play havoc in your fermenter.

I'm drinking some hoppy saison, but the taste of the gravity sample I shouldn't have sampled lingers on. Finally got my Ned Flanders racked to secondary and Rod pitched on the cake. Ned is kinda ropey/viscous at this point, put I figured I should taste it. Gross with a hint of potential.

Halfway through another Sucks, trying to decide between my Irish Red or Honey Porter next... These are the tough decisions I live for

NordeastBrewer77 said:
This one is definitely hard to overlook. So fvcking good, you IIPA brewers lucky enough to get into the NHC this year better be glad that I'm greedy and want to drink this entire batch in the name of research. :D :tank:

:mug:
What the hell is that, grapefruit juice? ;)
SFGiantsFan925 said:
Wife and I getting ready for our Ireland trip in about 3 weeks. So FVCKING excited!!!
Right on man! I'm sure we'll be hearing more about it from now to then ;)

It was a nice day today. I drank a few too many, to upload this earlier. My Sixth batch and first time kegging, has me excited for what comes next. They just keep getting better and better.

IMG_0380.jpg

I think he meant like a black&tan. And if he didn't, that's what I mean! I've got a wheat IPA and BIPA in the fermenters now :ban:

Yeah, layered like a black and tan. I just thought it was funny, not that anyone would do it. I like a hoppy wheat beer, but black IPA is the country-rap of beer styles.

I've got my two year old quad that I've deemed "La Trappisten 10". That's Skyfall on the TV. This beer's about 12%, so I'm pretty fuzzy About what is happening in the movie. Javier Bardem just showed up. Man, I'm hgojng to have to watch this again tomorrow night when I'm completely sober!

image-1718304586.jpg

TNGabe said:
Yeah, layered like a black and tan. I just thought it was funny, not that anyone would do it. I like a hoppy wheat beer, but black IPA is the country-rap of beer styles.

I kind of agree, but it would be cool to go from Galaxy/Nelson wheat IPA to Casade/Centennial BIPA in a single chug. The BIPA is something I like but mostly do for my n00bish friends. It makes em feel tough.

Yours and mine will go at it lol. The only thing going for mine is its completely different IIPA than what I tried out on the market. *Crosses fingers**chants a voodoo curse on nukebrewer IIPA*

I would love it if our two could go up against each other. Unless you registered for New York that would mean we both made it to the second round. My IIPA is also a completely different recipe than I've ever brewed and with a new hop (to me) to boot. I think I lucked out, though, 'cause my bottling sample was quite delicious. We'll see what happens. May the best IIPA win! :mug:

EDIT: Speaking of which... the one on the right is great, but the one on the left is a special treat. That's the super hoppy juice I squeezed out of the bag of dry hops from my IIPA that I am now calling Patriot Arrow.

20130227_220000.jpg

image-3737477602.jpg

The perfect crime, collaboration between stone and evil twin brewing

Black smoked saison. Really tastes like a less roasty Belgian porter. Very good.

New Belgium Dig, like it pretty well, good aroma. Never have had Sorachi Ace, didnt think it would be that bitter for some reason. But alas really good beer

ForumRunner_20130227_230600.jpg

Back