Bottled my first brew today and proud to say...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lxxenigmaxxl

Reaction score
It a tasty cloudy cider....

That's right folks, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Ahhh, who am I kidding It looks like crap....

Not sure what happened but I cold crashed it for 3 days in my fridge and it still looks like a wheat beer if you did not know better.(Nice Amber color) The only thing I used was Nottingham, Mott's apple juice, plum juice, raw sugar, little honey and a little yeast nutrient. I did back sweeten before I racked to the secondary, added 5 cans concentrated apple juice then put in the fridge for 3 days hoping it would clear up.

I do have another cider coming up soon and this one is made of fresh cider, sugar and Nottingham. I started this one a month before the one I just bottled. It has been very slow and steady since Oct 16th. Was wondering if its to late to add pectin or if I should leave it alone.

I starting to feel a cold shoulder here. This is the second post in a row that no one has answered. Maybe its me.

I'm super new, so mostly lurk. My first batch was apple, ec1118 and a touch of honey. It took about 2 weeks to clear in the bottle.

From what the people at the home brew store told me, you can add pectin enzyme at any point you want to during fermentation.

From what the people at the home brew store told me, you can add pectin enzyme at any point you want to during fermentation.

You can, but I've heard it's more effective if you add it at the beginning.

Mine is pretty cloudy too, but I did start with unfiltered apple juice. I don't mind, since it tastes fine... :)

Back