You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your wife gives you a hard time because you "Need to brew some more," because you want to save all 14 cases you have in the basement.

2012-10-12_11-46-57.jpg

rdwhahb

Also, when you're looking for a new place to live and top on your list are things to make brewing easier/better. Things like a fridge that can more easily handle your flasks (for starters), a gas stove that has high output burners (for making starters), a basement to ferment in and store grain and a place outside where it will be easy to brew. I even managed to get a place with a shed where I can keep my propane tanks, and burners, when not brewing. That's only about 20 feet from where I can brew (top of the driveway) which is right outside the kitchen. Which is also a short distance to the stairs to get into the basement. :rockin: There was even a spot where I could put my brew fridge in the kitchen (where a fridge had gone before, but the food fridge wouldn't fit, so it was empty). Even has room for my 20# CO2 tank. :ban:

When you turn to your girlfriend and say "wanna get your workout started early?" And she thinks your talking about sex, but what you really mean is moving carboys.....I had shoulder surgery and can't move them yet.

When you turn to your girlfriend and say "wanna get your workout started early?" And she thinks your talking about sex, but what you really mean is moving carboys.....I had shoulder surgery and can't move them yet.

Hope you took advantage of what she thought you were implying. I've been told it's great physical therapy.

Your wife's grandpa mentioned the time he made beer in his basement in the mid 1950's and had a few bottle bombs and you try to diagnose the problem for him.

You scan the HBT classifieds daily!

You know you're an addicted homebrewer when you scan the classifieds daily, don't find anything you don't have/need and you quickly check Craigslist just to see if there is a good deal on stuff you already own!

You've got saved searches on your craigslist and ebay apps to get notifications for things like "Glycol power pack", "chest freezer", "kegerator", "keg cooler", "homebrew" and "keg" just to see what comes up as soon as it is available.

dallasdb said:
You scan the HBT classifieds daily!

You know you're an addicted homebrewer when you scan the classifieds daily, don't find anything you don't have/need and you quickly check Craigslist just to see if there is a good deal on stuff you already own!

Some may call that hording! I call it getting a good deal. :)

When i look at a bucket full of bottles with oxyclean that I dont wanna clean.

Side note, if somones gonna chime in with kegging, good idea! I ecept paypal :)

When you start sneaking beer into other folks football parties just to get the empties for that next batch waiting to come out of the fermentor...

When you see a nasty white bucket on the side of the highway and ACTUALLY think about stopping and picking it up.

Brain: "Nothing a little oxyclean can't fix!"

When you can watch the airlock action on the fermenter stand next to the comp hutch & you can't wait for the 2 week mark to test-n-taste.:mug:

When it takes you two days and four restarts on the laptop to get through the whole thread, just to read if someone else wrote what you are thinking, and still have something witty to post.
When you start thinking of getting off facebook because you have all the friends you need right here at HBT.
When your son grabs his friends hand and says "No. That's daddy's beer." when playing near carboys.
When your wife exits the room when your best friend from FL calls with questions about how to keep his carboys cool until his fermenting fridge is ready to go.

When you HAVE to take a pic of your hydro sample to send to your "customers" before you even think about drinking it. Also, SWMBO gets first taste. Apparently, she has a better palate than me.

Had a dream last night I was running in slow motion to stop a boil over. Woke up and thought I definitely need a bigger kettle.

You spend an hour going through the DIY thread and come away thinking, "I could probably learn how to weld. How hard can it be?"

I had dreams last night to make my first stout. And looking at stout receipes most of the afternoon. Think i found a good one too. Called deception cream stout (extract)

When you are caught huffing airlocks... and it seems like you smell your beer, more than you drink it. haha

Krovitz said:
Had a dream last night I was running in slow motion to stop a boil over. Woke up and thought I definitely need a bigger kettle.

In the meantime, a spray bottle's quick Spritz will calm down impending boil overs.

Like when early man sat around the fire for comfort, warmth and protection, and to share stories of the day's hunt, you get the same feeling sitting around your carboys and primaries sharing stories of your homebrewing successes.

I know most of the replies everyone including myself makes on this thread are usually very funny but true. This one is just something a thought was really cool.

Thanks to Homebrewing I've learned to taste flaws and off-flavors in commercial crafts. I can't say I know anyone that doesn't brew their own that can do this. Take that in and appreciate it!!!

Back