Wtf! Need help changing beer line in kegerator ASAP please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6286

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So like a kegerator noob, I probably didn't think things through when I removed one of my beer lines from my tower in an attempt to replace it with longer lines. It was originally 5 ft and I got way too much foam so I just got 10 ft of 3/16. I was able to remove the beer line from the shank? or whatever it's called by taking the little hose clamp off. I should mention that I did this by taking the cap off the tower and fitting my fingers through the top somehow. Now, I have no clue how to add the new line. I thought I could do this using some pliers and use some pressure from the top of the tower with the cap off. However, it's just not happening. There's not enough room for my fingers to get in there. So now, instead of foamy beer, I'm left with no beer. Is there an easy way to do this without having to go order something online and wait 1 week for it to come in? Do I have to remove the shank from the tower? Any help would be great. Thanks

Maybe you could remove the brass nut and slide out the tap? this will allow you to do all of the work outside the tower.

302333_894096007414_14301441_42134010_881901_n.jpg

I was able to remove the tower from the kegerator. Is it possible to use pliers or something and squeeze the line onto the piece, or do I have to remove everything to connect it? If I can't figure it out, I'll have to wait a couple days until the LHBS where I bought the kegerator from opens and have the guy help me. This would be a lot easier had I built it myself and I knew how everything was pieced together. Since I didn't construct it, I'm having a lot more trouble lol.

Remove brass nut "DON'T DROP" pull shank out the hole..hehehe. um slide hose through nut then out of hole, slip hose onto fitting clamp/heat up hose if needed to fit over barbed end reinstall and tap beer...........my.02

Remove brass nut "DON'T DROP" pull shank out the hole..hehehe. um slide hose through nut then out of hole, slip hose onto fitting clamp/heat up hose if needed to fit over barbed end reinstall and tap beer...........my.02

What do you mean don't drop? If anything falls, it will just come through the bottom of the tap. Or am I misunderstanding you?

+1 This is exactly what I did when I replaced mine with longer lines. I accidentally dropped the nut down the tower and it was a major PITA getting it back up, so watch it. It's also hard to get a tool in there to tighten the nut back up so you're going to need some patience working with it.

293253_894127140024_14301441_42134618_3632168_n.jpg

Problem solved! Longer beer lines=less foam. I was able to fix it by slightly unscrewing the silver nut so I could adjust the piece that the beer line connects to. I stumbled upon it accidentally. I kept unscrewing the nut and all of a sudden the piece that the beer line is supposed to connect to moved, so I positioned it up towards the top of the tower, and then I was able to simply attach the line. This way, I didn't have to remove anything. Very easy to do once you know what you're doing. Thanks for the help everyone I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back