Who's brewing this weekend (Feb. 16-18)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think I am going to brew Friday, on my off day. I finally fixed up the gas lines on my stand, flexible hoses. I also just built that nifty water filter project from the Jan.-Feb. BYO, so I now have a built in water filter attached to the rig.

I haven't decided what to brew yet--Either Walker's Gruagach 80/-, Loose Cannon Cloner, or a Simcoe Slammer. Still need ingredients for the Gruagach, so if I can get to the LHBS tomorrow I'll do that. Otherwise I have the Loose Cannon ready to go and I think Boston plans on brewing his soon, so I might just do that. My goal is to get about 5 batches done in the next few weeks so my stock is back up to speed. I'm WAY low on homebrew right now.

Get Your Brew On and I are meeting up at his house and brewing a 10 gallon batch of Imperial Stout this weekend. We'll split the batch and toss some French oak cubes that I've been soaking in Knob Creek into the secondary of one. We brewed an Imperial IPA last Saturday.

I'm going to try to do a Lagunita's IPA knockoff again. I am really liking the Willamette hops in this recipe.

I'll be brewing a rye beer recipe that I whipped up over the past week should be a good time. First rye I've tried. I also think I might have to turn Lebowski on and turn it up so I can hear it in the kitchen, another thread with all the quotes gave me that idea.

I'm also going to do a side by side with my SNCA-ish beer and a SNCA. I ended up not trying to hit SNCA exactly as I decided to add 4lbs of Munich to the mix. Without doing a side by side, they taste pretty close from what I remember of SNCA, but a buddy and I will do a blind test and see which we like better.

We are!

I surprised Shimms last night with the goods to make a porter, based on Uncle Charlie's Goat Scrotum Ale. It's an extract recipe, and our second batch. Can't wait!

I'm planning on brewing Monday also(once I get my brew area shoveled out:drunk: 2 plus feet of snow yesterday) Not sure what, maybe do my Black Lager clone as an AG for the first time.

chillHayze is headin' my way on Friday. We were get a little party together and he's gonna show us the ropes of AG Saturday night.

Then I got a extract batch I need to brew on Sunday. Should be a mighty fine weekend!

Not brewing but am heading into work Sat towork on my three tier frame. Got two batches to get into their kegs tonight for a party next week as well. Can't wait for the Pub Ale, Dude. I couldn't believe how friggen clear that guy came out when racking.

PS - you got a thread around here on that brew? I wanted to convey some results on my mash etc but won't hijack here. Searching for pub ale is unachievable because of the 3 letter words :(.

Hoping to get to a honey brown ale, but we'll see. My bitter will finally be ready to drink by Sunday, so I can't wait to try that.

I'm going to try my first partial-mash on Monday! Gearing up for SWMBO's favorite Barley Wine. I've justified all my expenses and experiments to date by assuring her she will have Barley Wine soon! :D

I have a busy weekend ahead. I'm planning to brew a Highland Gaelic Ale clone, and also smoke some babyback ribs while I brew...

Oh, and take down Christmas decorations :eek:

desertBrew said:
Not brewing but am heading into work Sat towork on my three tier frame. Got two batches to get into their kegs tonight for a party next week as well. Can't wait for the Pub Ale, Dude. I couldn't believe how friggen clear that guy came out when racking.

PS - you got a thread around here on that brew? I wanted to convey some results on my mash etc but won't hijack here. Searching for pub ale is unachievable because of the 3 letter words :(.

http://members.cox.net/breworr/Pub_Ale.html

I think may be brewing another belgian wit, this time flavored with apple juice, a la Unibroue's Ephemere. I'm not 100% certain of how I'd go about doing it, so I might do something simpler instead. Still up in the air for now.

Unibroue's are always a good choice.... I honestly haven't had a bad beer from them. I have had Le Maudite, Trois Pistoles. La Fin Du Monde, Terrible, Ephemere, Blanche de Chambly, Don de Dieu, and the Eau Benite... All were pretty tasty!

I'm brewing a Sam Adams Boston Ale clone this weekend. I've got everything I need except for 5 gallons of water from the store.

Somehow I have to convince wifey to be cool and let me brew something. She put tha kibosh on things last weekend, which ended up being fine, because I got alot done on our basement renovation. But considering I stayed up past midnight on Tuesday evening installing the flooring, I believe I have some "political capital" to toss at her.

I really want to brew, but considering I am running out of bottles and have two fermentors full, it isn't practical. I have several wild things in mind, one being a Russian Export Stout.

I'm on a lager rampage since my basement temps are around 50-52 F. I'll be brewinfg up an American Pils on Monday. Since I have the day off, maybe I'll get freaky and do a double or triple decoction!

We'll be racking two batches,a wheat and a CreamAle,to 2ndary and bottling an ESB.Will also probly put two more batches together and grind em' up to brew on Monday&Tuesday.
Cheers:mug:

desertBrew said:
PS - you got a thread around here on that brew? I wanted to convey some results on my mash etc but won't hijack here. Searching for pub ale is unachievable because of the 3 letter words .

There might be...search Boddingtons. I'd love to hear the story....start a new thread on it...you've got me interested now.

nosnhojr said:
I have a busy weekend ahead. I'm planning to brew a Highland Gaelic Ale clone, and also smoke some babyback ribs while I brew...

Oh, and take down Christmas decorations

Richard--please post the recipe (LOL, a ribs recipe would be nice too!). This one is on my short list but I want to make sure the recipe is tight. That stuff is so good.

Torchiest said:
I think may be brewing another belgian wit, this time flavored with apple juice, a la Unibroue's Ephemere. I'm not 100% certain of how I'd go about doing it, so I might do something simpler instead. Still up in the air for now.
If you end up going down Ephemere lane, keep us posted on your progress. I've had this on the back burner as an idea fora while but have not been able to run with it....I don't consider myself too advanced with experimental-type beers! I'd be interested in hashing out some ideas for this, so if you decide to tackle it post a thread and I might be tempted to mirror some experiments.

......If other brewing news...if UPS will ever drop off my damn grain (f*ing snow....) I'm doing an AG variation of Walker's IPA Sunday or Monday......depending on when I get home from Mardi Gras in VT. It should be a long, beer-filled weekend! :ban:

I will be brewing my 3rd AG batch. I plan to do a double IPA. Bunch of 2-row, some cara-pils, a pound of grape nuts and a tater or two. Then I'll load it up with hops and get crazy! Anyone ever done grape nuts in there mash?

The beer gods have smiled upon me. Wasn't sure when I'd brew next. Then this storm hit and figured no go. Well, I'm off work because of storm, SWMBO will be out with friends all day, and the kids want to go to daycare for their postponed Valentine's party!

Woohoo! Brewday tomorrow!:mug:

Orpheus said:
The beer gods have smiled upon me. Wasn't sure when I'd brew next. Then this storm him and figured no go. Well, I'm off work because of storm, SWMBO will be out with friends all day, and the kids want to go to daycare for their postponed Valentine's party!

Woohoo! Brewday tomorrow!:mug:

Sweet. I like how you manage your time. What time ya starting? I'll be getting going about 10 am tomorow....I think I'll be brewing in the garage. Gonna be chilly. ;)

Hey, which yahoo ID of yours should I IM you at?

No brewing this weekend, but I've got two batches to get bottled - yea? :(

EDIT: Oh, and finishing the grain mill; waiting for the paint on the housing to dry, now I need to figger out a hopper... shouldn't be too hard.

Latest posts

Back