The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, to my sister: "I started brewing my own beer again. I'll bring you one when I come into town."

Sister: "Oh, great. What kind is it?"

Me: "It's an india pale ale"

Sister: "It doesn't have curry in it, does it?"

:confused:
Well, as Indian-based cuisine is based on curry (a ****load of curry) her question may not be as dumb as it seems. You know, India Pale ale. Not everyone now the origins of beer names...

But I loled.

But I loled.[/QUOTE]

Me too. several times in this thread. Keep it goin HBT! i know everyone has at least one story to add.

Well, as Indian-based cuisine is based on curry (a ****load of curry) her question may not be as dumb as it seems. You know, India Pale ale. Not everyone now the origins of beer names...

But I loled.

Yes, I know Indian food has curry. It's my favorite cuisine. That's why it's funny. :D I wanted to tell her that an IPA has lamb and yogurt in it too!

We have a good friend that is over at our house every weekend. But last night after a few pints he said. Every time I drink your beer, it gets me drunk..

My Uncle - what kinda beer you got right now?
Me - A porter, a stout, and a wheat beer
Uncle - When I was younger we would get stout and mix it with Bud. That stout will get you really drunk.

5 seconds of silence

Uncle - yeah we do some pretty stupid things when we are young.

more silence

Uncle - Well bring me a bottle I would like to try it.

Me - I'll bring you the porter it's 9.6 percent alcohol.

Uncle - Wow that sounds great.

Uncle - When I was younger we would get stout and mix it with Bud. That stout will get you really drunk.

5 seconds of silence

more silence

So did he like your porter?

5 seconds of silence

more silence

Whats the problem with that?

The ever popular: "how did you get the bubbles in there?"

And my personal favorite from my brother in California when I delivered a case of my Irish Honey Red to him after an exceptionally long flight west: "Only one case? We'll need to go beer shopping tomorrow." I'm overdue for another visit...

Whats the problem with that?

I guess I should have included it in the first post but he is an alcoholic. Maybe I shouldn't feed his problem but he is my Uncle. If desperate enough he will go steal some mouthwash and down a bottle of it. He doesn't drink beer.

My uncle: That sounds great. = I'll drink piss if it has 9.6 percent.

I was also more dumbfounded he said he would mix stout with bud. He was suggesting it as something I do with my chocolate stout.

he would mix stout with bud. He was suggesting it as something I do with my chocolate stout.

I don't see how that is such a big deal either. Yeah, a black and tan should be something else and I wouldn't like one with bud but it is still a black and tan.

you honestly gave a known alcoholic a 9.6% beer?

He is going to drink when he wants. Me giving him beer is not going to change that. Honestly I gave him 1 beer. He probably didn't even know he drank anything. Say what you want about what I did but he is not going to change ever he doesn't drive much and doesn't get behind the wheel when drunk. He doesn't act like a fool when drunk just likes to be drunk a lot.

I am sure there are many people you know that are alcoholics. Most people think an alcoholic drinks themselves into a stupor daily but that's not always the case. A good portion of alcoholics might not even drink everyday. My uncle doesn't drink everyday. Alcoholics need alcohol it might only be 1 drink per day but if you crave it everyday then you are an alcoholic. Sorry if that seems harsh but there are many alcoholics walking around who don't even realize the addiction they have.

He is going to drink when he wants. Me giving him beer is not going to change that. Honestly I gave him 1 beer. He probably didn't even know he drank anything. Say what you want about what I did but he is not going to change ever he doesn't drive much and doesn't get behind the wheel when drunk. He doesn't act like a fool when drunk just likes to be drunk a lot.

I am sure there are many people you know that are alcoholics. Most people think an alcoholic drinks themselves into a stupor daily but that's not always the case. A good portion of alcoholics might not even drink everyday. My uncle doesn't drink everyday. Alcoholics need alcohol it might only be 1 drink per day but if you crave it everyday then you are an alcoholic. Sorry if that seems harsh but there are many alcoholics walking around who don't even realize the addiction they have.
that hurts

Alcoholics need alcohol it might only be 1 drink per day but if you crave it everyday then you are an alcoholic. Sorry if that seems harsh but there are many alcoholics walking around who don't even realize the addiction they have.

:off:(sorry) That's a very Americanized way of determining if someone is an alcoholic. There are plenty of things I crave everyday and depending on the situation will either act upon it or not. The fact that someone would like to have a drink each day when they come home from work makes them habitual drinkers but not necessarily physically dependent on it (read: alcoholism.) What about those individuals who drink a glass of red wine every night for the antioxidants?

If you want some I have plenty in the basement. Come on up although a porter when it is 80 degrees is not so nice.

That's what AC is for. Something about being in the south, AC is a must. I'll be in Bridgewater next month for a wedding but I'm going to be trapped in.

Wow!, I've read this whole thread and links.....just great stuff here.

too much I could add, I'll try and keep it short.
Living in PNW most people, even strict BMC drinkers have had a "good" beer and know what to expect. Most of my friends/family love what I have made. I was visiting w/ all my IL's in Seattle last weekend and brought a few bombers of my Stone XI clone. It had been in bottle just over a week, but they were eager to try, and I was proud how it turned out. They all have great taste in booze, whether wine, scotch or brew. Before heading to the bars, I asked who wanted to taste my homebrew, hands went up, I poured a few ounces for all. My MIL looked at what I was pouring and stated "oh I don't like porters, I like hoppy beers" She's a wino, so I told her to take a sniff. "ohhh, I smell hops" takes a sip SLAP! she smacks me right-up-side the face, "that **** is great!" She looks at her daugthers' glass (my wife), grabs it slams it and says "what? he's your husband, you have more at home" greatest compliment I will ever receive! We all rolled on the floor soo F'ing hard (except my wife) that my SIL actually peed her pants, (and I somehow got a picture of said pants peeing) which set off a chain reaction of laughter that lasted the whole weekend. I'm gonna brew this again and put the picture on the labels and it's gonna be called "Soo good you'll piss your pants" or something to that effect. Life is good!

I have also been quite happy in broadening some friends horizons in liking crazy things like hops, or well flavored beers. There is hope for humanity!

Sorry dude, my sisIL has actually been checking out this forum cause she's interested in brewing, if she saw the pics she would kill me. But I might still, my wife hid them so I couldn't post em, but I'll try and find them.:p

Not exactly a comment, but still made me die a little inside. SWMBO's long lost high school friends met us for dinner at Oggi's Pizza in San Diego. They ordered the beer sampler, even though they're not exactly "beer" drinkers. They liked the Hefeweizen sample ok, with the obligatory lemon wedge spritzed in. When they got to the pale ale, IPA, stout, and brown ale, they were holding their noses and basically drinking them like shots.

The killer part is when they ordered a bowl of lemons and proceeded to add them to all the above beers and then chug. Said it helped the taste :drunk:

Not exactly a comment, but still made me die a little inside. SWMBO's long lost high school friends met us for dinner at Oggi's Pizza in San Diego. They ordered the beer sampler, even though they're not exactly "beer" drinkers. They liked the Hefeweizen sample ok, with the obligatory lemon wedge spritzed in. When they got to the pale ale, IPA, stout, and brown ale, they were holding their noses and basically drinking them like shots.

The killer part is when they ordered a bowl of lemons and proceeded to add them to all the above beers and then chug. Said it helped the taste :drunk:

I'm sure you thought this at the time, but it kinda defeats the point of "sampling" the beers, huh?

:off:(sorry) That's a very Americanized way of determining if someone is an alcoholic. There are plenty of things I crave everyday and depending on the situation will either act upon it or not. The fact that someone would like to have a drink each day when they come home from work makes them habitual drinkers but not necessarily physically dependent on it (read: alcoholism.) What about those individuals who drink a glass of red wine every night for the antioxidants?

The real difference (to me) comes down to whether or not you can function properly without it. Physical addictions are very real and different from person to person...a drug that you're used to having in large amounts can alter the physiology of your brain and produce serious withdrawal when trying to quit.

Having one or two after work ISN'T an issue if you can responsibly handle it.

my two cents :mug:

pics or it didn't happen.

Ha ha funny, I have no reason to make up some story to a bunch of people I don't even know. I was just relating a funny experience. I'll try and get the picks up. I wish I had pictures of all the crazy ish I have seen/done, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.:p

I have no reason to make up some story to a bunch of people I don't even know. I was just relating a funny experience. I'll try and get the picks up. I wish I had pictures of all the crazy ish I have seen/done, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen.:p

This person was just teasing you, and I was, too. Honestly, don't post pics of your family urinating on themselves. That would be f***ed up!

My dad's a macro-drinker and always has something obnoxious to say about my labors...

"This isn't gonna be another weird beer is it?"

"I don't like fruity beers..." (Of my Strawberry Wheat)

"That'll put hair on your chest!"

And my sister likes to make this face like she just ate something ridiculously spicy and is about to vomit. And then immediately after, go blank faced and hand the glass back and say "No, thank you."

My sister swears by Coronas and I once asked "have you ever had one without a lime in it?" and she said "ew yeah it's gross" and I said "then you must not like Corona very much..."

Eh, not mind blowing. But the stout was decent and the rest were pretty good. TBH if all I had ever drank before was Bud Light and I tried all of those, I might have made some of the same faces.

It was more entertaining though just because they were SWMBO's obnoxious friends.

In their defense, were the beers they were trying any good. I have slammed a lot if "samplers" like they were shots. There is a lot of really bad beer in the world too.

My sister swears by Coronas and I once asked "have you ever had one without a lime in it?" and she said "ew yeah it's gross" and I said "then you must not like Corona very much..."

That's funny but true. We were in Arizona for a vacation in June and bought some of the obligatory light Mexican beer (for some reason we couldn't fine Nerga Modello?) I think it was Pacifico. We drank it with lime but one day ran out of lime. After everyone thinking it was a great beer, the day there is no lime everyone realizes how bad it is.

That's funny but true. We were in Arizona for a vacation in June and bought some of the obligatory light Mexican beer (for some reason we couldn't fine Nerga Modello?) I think it was Pacifico. We drank it with lime but one day ran out of lime. After everyone thinking it was a great beer, the day there is no lime everyone realizes how bad it is.

Mmmmmmm Negro Modello...

Back