Barking Beagle Brewing Company- Take the Tour!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
I know a couple of you have asked for pictures of my basement brewery, so I hauled out the camera this morning and took some shots. I do my boils in the patio off my kitchen, so this is the fermentation/storage/conditioning facility as it were. ;) Our house is old (built without plans in the 1940s at least) and the basement is a perfect example!

Without further ado.....

Grain storage:

Picture_0063.jpg

First shelf is quart jars of commonly used speciality grain and bags of various malts (wheat, vienna, munich, etc). Various sundries (spare airlocks, tubing, spices)

Second shelf is 12 quart Rubbermaid- crystal (25/40/60) mostly. These hold approximately 10 pounds of grain.

Third shelf: Base Malt. Pils to the left, Maris Otter to the right. I have a sack of 2-row that I haven't yet binned just out of the frame. An entire 55 lb sack fits in there with room for more.

The coffee roasting station. You'll notice the burner set up here; it's a convenient heat-proof stand for the heatgun and small metal bowl where I roast my coffee. The box fan is an ad hoc cooling apparatus. The hot beans get dumped into a metal colander and air drawn through to cool quickly.

Picture_0131.jpg

Real ale conditioning in 5L kegs; this room stays approximately 55 degrees.
Picture_0142.jpg

Currently occupied carboys (March Brown Mild on the left, Spurhund Zunge on the right). Fermentation just dropped off on the MBM. This was brewed on Monday.

Picture_0163.jpg

Fridge full of hops and yeast. Don't be too jealous.
Picture_0182.jpg

Kegerator and storage fridge. You'll note that there aren't any faucets; still using the cobra taps while I acquire all the necessary parts. Currently serving 08 Cider and my house pale ale.
Picture_0092.jpg

Kegs on deck. I don't store my propane inside, they were moved inside from just through the door (steps leading up to the patio) to allow FireBrewer access when he was dropping off some grain yesterday.
Picture_0105.jpg

(Clockwise from top left: Oatmeal Stout, ESB, Smoked Porter, Cherry Wheat)

Looks great! Wish I had a basement I could store my homebrew gear in. Hey, real ale in mini kegs eh? Mind sharing your technique? PM is you want!

Sean From NH

Hmmmm "Barking Beagle"? I'm gonna be EAC here, but surely beagles are famed for baying more than their barking? Just sayin' ;)

I LOVE to see other people's brew spaces! I like the pain I get when I see my own :(

Back