Facial hair or no?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Facial hair?

• No facial hair

• Yes facial

• I haven't hit puberty

• I'm Chewbacca

Results are only viewable after voting.

Soulive

Reaction score
It seems many homebrewers and probrewers have some form of facial hair. Mustaches aside, how many of us have some scruff going? I don't wanna exclude the ladies, so ladies feel free to admit anything you're comfortable with. I myself usually have an Abe Lincoln/Amish-like chin strap type thing going...

ed_abe_lincoln_expectation_theory.gif

I can't participate in the poll, sorry! I'm pretty clean shaven.

But I think you're right- unless they are in the military, it seems like many of the homebrewers have some kind of beard/mustache or combo.

None here - clean shaven! Most of the Chicago area guys I've met, except for FermentEd, are too.

I'm not allowed (work) to have facial hair.

I usually push the boundaries of 5pm shadow for 3-4 days before someone gives me crap about it.

I'm in the same boat. I work in a food manufacturing plant so I'm not permitted to have facial hair. If I had a different job though, I'd probably sport the goat that I wear on weekends and on vacations.

I hate to shave. Takes up to much time. I just use the beard trimmer every other day to keep a short stubble going but I have a goatee

Brentk14 said:
I hate to shave. Takes up to much time. I just use the beard trimmer every other day to keep a short stubble going but I have a goatee

Same here. I only shave up to my chin and my mustache. Beard trimmers are huge if you're lazy...

Very odd... I was just thinking about this yesterday, and almost started a thread.

As to me, clean shaven all the way.
Even the stuff on top of the head is kept to about 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch.

just scruff on the occasion, i had a goat tee, but then shaved it off... i keep the hair on my head around 1/8" as well...

being in the fire service doesn't allow you to have facial hair b/c it gets in the way of your face mask and breathing app.

altho some guys have the handlebar mustache which i've debated on growing.

Goatee for me most of the time, and being lazy and only shaving a few times a week means stubble most of the time.

Clean shaven here. I had a moustache for about 13 yrs. I shaved it off as part of a week of new looks. In the late 90's I had hair down to my mid-back and a full beard. Came to work on a Tuesday with the stache shaved off. Wednesday was mutton chops (my wife hated that look). Thursday was clean shaven. Friday the hair was chopped off to about 4" and gelled up into a short Mohawk. My wife liked the new look (sans mohawk) and it has been that way since.

I started to grow a moustache a couple of years ago, but I had by then gotten back into playing the tuba and the moustache really interfered with my playing so off it went and will stay that way

Goatee, no mustache - I hate to shave so every morning is just a kick hit with the beard trimmer to keep the stubble short. Every other weekend I shave my head with electric clippers to keep my hair short too, less than 2mm.

Though I usually just shave once per week (Sunday morning) because I hate the process, I still picked "No Facial Hair." I don't think of myself as having a beard, I just think of it as skipping shaving. Often.

Rick

I've had a beard since college, even through my time in the Navy. Been bald even longer.

Well, the bits in the electric shaver are grayish now...

As Ronsard once wrote:

Cueillez, cueillez vostre jeunesse :
Comme à ceste fleur la vieillesse
Fera ternir vostre beauté.

or, as Babel Fish has it:

Gather, gather your youth: As with ceste flower old age Will make tarnish your beauty.

My facial hair grows so damn fast I gave up on regular shaving years ago. I trim the beard and shave my neck whenever it starts bothering me too much. In the course of a week the shaved areas are practically part of the beard again.

I've sported the chin strap pretty much since I started grad school, so ... 6 1/2 years now, I guess. I shaved it off about a month ago, but I looked so strange I grew it back right away. Goes well with the hairline which is sprinting backwards as fast as it can.

I got tired of looking at the grey hairs in my goatee so I went all fu man chu style!

I watched La Mustache last night, the entire movie was about a guy who goes through an existential crisis after shaving off his mustache. Facial hair can do some weird things to people.

Sideburns. Most times to my ear lobe, sometimes to my bottom jaw line.

I tried a mustache and goatee. I looked ridiculous. I could also grow grass on ice in a fire sooner than I could grow a full anything facial hair related aside from sideburns.

I personally dig the look of a full beard on myself but it interferes with bedroom festivities (I think you understand).

The weird thing is that I have a beard probably two weeks out of the year but my driver's license and passport are both bearded pics.

Hate shaving so... I leave it go for a few days until I decide to shave it usually.

I've had a beard most of my life. Not a big bushy thing, just nicely trimmed. Lots of hair was important back in my formative years (the 70s). The beard just stayed with me. The wife likes it, the kids would freak if I ever shaved it off. They've never seen me without it.:eek:

Yup...military here too. But you better believe I let 'er go on days off and holidays ;)

I hate shaving but having a beard bugs me even more. I usually split the difference and shave every 2-3 days when the scruff starts bugging me too much. Definitely not the best thing for my appearance but its what I can put up with.
Maybe I should consider that laser hair removal? :)

Craig

FermentEd said:
I've had a beard most of my life. Not a big bushy thing, just nicely trimmed. Lots of hair was important back in my formative years (the 70s). The beard just stayed with me. The wife likes it, the kids would freak if I ever shaved it off. They've never seen me without it.:eek:
My dad's like that. He has worn a mustache all my life (35yrs). I'm not sure I would recognize him without the mustache.
He used to grow a beard in the winter until it started turning white. I can tell from my stubble that If I tried to grow a beard there would be a ton of white in mine also.

Craig

I go between mustache and goatee in the summer to full beard in the fall and winter months. It's been 20+ years since I've been clean shaven.

I have to hide my multiple chins. :D

Back