My new Keezer .....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar83

Reaction score
I figured my first post should at least be an interesting one.
This is my new keezer, I have named it ...."The Piano Bar" .... It all came to works when I wanted a bar in the house and the wife was not for it, and she wanted a old non working piano in the house for looks and I was not for it..... A compromise took place

keep in mind the piano was an antique and we wanted to keep it that way so I stained everything that I added, and built it to look old ish.

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

all of the lights below the glasses are pressure sensitive. They will turn off as soon as you pick one up.

I am trying to post a video... dont know if it is going to work though

Incredible build!
Knew I shouldn't have junked that old piano.

But what are you serving at 35 degrees, Bud Lite?
:cross:

This is my first time to keg and my three beers on tap are fresh out of the secondary. I have a porter, a wee heavy, and a extreamly light experiment ale ... I put the kegs in and set the temp low to carb and cold crash .... It may not have to be that low at first, but I'm new to this so u tell me

Nice!

All you're missing is a drip tray. (Taps will drip no matter how careful you are).

Kal

Nice!

All you're missing is a drip tray. (Taps will drip no matter how careful you are).

Kal

I have nipples that go over the faucets and coaster style drip trays for when we have people over .... Didn't want anything that I couldn't remove to take away from the look

I have nipples that go over the faucets and coaster style drip trays for when we have people over .... Didn't want anything that I couldn't remove to take away from the look
Perfect! Makes sense. Didn't want you to run the finish with a bunch of beer drips!

Kal

here is the video. Ill be posting a beter one this one was taken with a ph. [ame]http://youtu.be/JSzcihpuIVY[/ame]

That, my friend, is amazing. You are a genius. Now, you just need to insulate the wood around those glasses and pipe some of that cold keezer air into the chamber holding the glasses. 40 degree glasses serving 40 degree beer!

zeekage said:
That, my friend, is amazing. You are a genius. Now, you just need to insulate the wood around those glasses and pipe some of that cold keezer air into the chamber holding the glasses. 40 degree glasses serving 40 degree beer!

... Back to the drawing board:) thanks to all for the. Complements I am proud of it

My wife always shot me down when I mention having a keezer in the house. Yours is the first one she's liked. Amazing build my friend! I want one! Lol

Silverbullet said:
My wife always shot me down when I mention having a keezer in the house. Yours is the first one she's liked. Amazing build my friend! I want one! Lol

My wife was the same way.... Tell her I'll build you one lol

That is the most unique/awesome keezer I have seen!

How doses the automated lighting work? Sorry. I have little to know electrical experience.

BobbyAAlexander said:
That is the most unique/awesome keezer I have seen!

How doses the automated lighting work? Sorry. I have little to know electrical experience.

Each one is on a momentary switch like a refrigerator I also took out the original lock and made it to where when the top closes all the lights go out.... And for easy service the whole unit sits on a custom platform with wheels so I can just roll it out of the corner and adjust what I need

here is the platform that the piano and freezer sit on... the back is cut at 45s so that it sits in a corner perfectly and know one knows a freezer is back there

IMG_1511.jpg

That looks like a GE 5.1 cu ft freezer. Can you confirm? If so, do you think I could fit two ball lock kegs in the lower compartment, adjacent to the compressor compartment? I need 20"x20", but I might be able to get away with 19"x19".

Thanks.

That looks like a GE 5.1 cu ft freezer. Can you confirm? If so, do you think I could fit two ball lock kegs in the lower compartment, adjacent to the compressor compartment? I need 20"x20", but I might be able to get away with 19"x19".

Thanks.

I think you are right about the size of the freezer the info is on the back of it which is covered by the piano.... I can fit 4 pinlock kegs in the freezer three in the lower and one on top of the compressor compartment

Back