us-05 temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zurcj20

Reaction score
I'm fermenting a batch with us-05. Pitched at 65. fermented at 55-57 ambient. fermentation ended about 6 days ago and since then the temps in my brew room have dropped to about 50 ambient. should i warm this up for a couple of days before kegging or will it be ok to keg at this temp?

Check the gravity- I've seen folks report that S-05 works fine for them in the high 50's. It could be good to go.

Some will probably tell you to warm it up for a diacetyl rest but others will tell you to take a hydrometer reading to make sure it's at the correct F.G. and that will tell you if it's ok to keg or not.

I hit fg. the temp dropped in the time since as i was letting the yeast do their housekeeping.

I hit fg. the temp dropped in the time since as i was letting the yeast do their housekeeping.

Then I vote keg away! You could always taste it too see if it needs to be warmed up for a diacetyl rest, but I bet you're good to go.

Back