Sanke Keg Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMC_Brewer

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Ive been looking for a around for a while and I cant seem to find any chest freezers that will hold a Sanke Keg. Does anyone know where I could find any?

Lowes has a 9 cu ft for I think 259.00 and the inside depth is 16.5 inches should just be enough to hold a sanke. I have been lookin for the same.

Just a joke but.....have you ever heard of craigslist????? :D

IMO you dont need one that big for a SINGLE sanke. A 7.0CF is perfect for one sanke keg. Look around on craigslist...In FL you can find them for less than 100.00 I bet

Good Luck:fro:

I got lucky and picked up one of these for $250 a few weeks ago. Cools to about 25 in a jiffy and has two draft towers (5 taps total), can hold about 3 15.5 gal Sanke kegs, and more importantly, about 12 cornies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really want to be lifting 15.5 gallon kegs up and into a chest freezer? My back aches just thinking about it...

To get around this you put your empty and sanitized sankey in the freezer first, then rack from your fermenter into the sankey-- no lifting involved!

:mug:

Thanks for all the quick replies.

One problem I am running into with freezers at Lowes and other stores isnt the depht, I can make a collar. Its the width or length of the freezer.

Also I am making this for a friend so I want it to be a new freezer not a used one.

I got my 13 Cu. Ft. chest freezer off craigslist for $50 delivered to my apartment(up 3 flights of stairs) Sure it smelled a little funky, but it works perfect for kegs. I put 2 collars on it both 6 inches so I added 12 inches in height. I have 4 taps and it would store 2 sankes and 2 cornies simultaneously with some extra room for cans and bottles in the basket. I had to add extra height in order to put a sanke on the compresser shelf and have room for the coupler.
Liftin kegs 4.5 ft off the ground is a B*TCH - 2 person lift a must.

if your friend is going to be using commercial kegged beer I wouldn't get a chest freezer thats a lot of weight to lift over the collar. I would go with a smaller fridge and put the taps out the door .

Back