Incognito bar build. The B'armoire.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that a pacman reference??

Yep, I had a couple party guests write the board, and the ghost was the pale ale mascot.

Here are the overall pictures . . .

Barmoire_2_Medium_1.JPG

Barmoire_4_Medium_1.JPG

Barmoire_5_Medium_1.JPG

+10 points if you can identify the drip tray parts ;)

Barmoire_1_Medium_.JPG

The remote thermometer with the probe stuck to the wall inside the cooler.

Barmoire_Medium_.JPG

Are you running the refridgerant unit upside down?

The earlier picks look like it...

Are you running the refridgerant unit upside down?

Nope, the sacrificial kegerator was configured like that - I bought it off craigslist for $50(included a tower& 25# tank). I was originally going to just fix the rust and repaint, to end up with a 4-tap like this - , but it was almost completely rusted out on the bottom, and about 6" up the sides. There wasn't even metal left fot the seal to hit on the bottom. So I decided to harvest it's good bits.

The cooling components work like a champ. (right now it is set slightly warmer than "Normal" and it is staying 38.5*-40.8*)

fridgebutter2_Medium_.JPG

fridgebutter3_Medium_.JPG

when i saw this, i was sure you were gonna have problems with the tower height and foamy pours... good to know that ya don't! 1 sacraficial glass to cool the lines is totally acceptable in my book! i usually pour off 1/2 a glass from my keezer anyway just to kind clear the lines a bit.

i like the drip tray, too... excellent thinking! i might have to hand my Out-of-the-box driptray crown over to you. (I used a boot tray sitting on the floor - see "Ravens Keezer" link in my sig).

MOST excellent job overall! You should be proud. Keep us posted on any condensation issues. I love the drip-channel into a jar, but I wonder if consensation will form on the walls. I use Eva-Dry units and they really work well!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if consensation will form on the walls. I use Eva-Dry units and they really work well!

Hmmm... I constantly have water collecting on the bottom of my kegerator... Think this might help? My present strategy is to mop it up with paper towels every 2 weeks or so.

If it wasn't so cold in there, it would be a nice breeding ground for mosquitos.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i saw this, i was sure you were gonna have problems with the tower height and foamy pours... good to know that ya don't! 1 sacraficial glass to cool the lines is totally acceptable in my book! i usually pour off 1/2 a glass from my keezer anyway just to kind clear the lines a bit.

I really haven't had any foamy pours since the very first from each keg. Now the first pour of the day is great, about 1" of foam. I guess the metal conduit is conducting enough heat to keep the tower boxes cool.

. . .Keep us posted on any condensation issues. . . . I wonder if consensation will form on the walls. . . .

On the condensation, I haven't opened the cooler since I closed it before the Halloween party. So. . .I don't know for sure if there is condensation on the walls. Since the coldest part will always be the coil, I kind of assumed that is where any condensation would form.

I put a water alarm in the cooler section -will go off @ 120db if there is >1/32" of water on the floor of the cooler. I did it as much for beer line failures as water condensation. So far I haven't heard it go off, which I'm sure I would hear if it did.(it will alarm for up to 3 days before the battery runs out.)

I think I'll open it up tonight to take a look at the condensation, and give the kegs a lift to see how much is left.

Thanks to everybody for all your positive comments!!

:mug:

I think I'll open it up tonight to take a look at the condensation, and give the kegs a lift to see how much is left.
Well, I opened it.

Good news and bad news.

Good: There is about 1/2" of water in the condensation jar, and the gutter system was working properly. There were areas of condensation/ice on the coil. The rest of the cooler section was bone dry. The DampRid crystals had hardened, but there was no water in the container.

Bad: The kegs are both about 80% empty !!:eek:

The seal around the door was pretty well stuck. I had to pry it off, so before I put it back, I wiped it with silicone lubricant to help it come off easier next time. The foam is creating a very good seal, I can tell by the continuity of the indentations made by the FRP. (I used camper seal tape, which is adhesive backed and 1.25" wide x 3/16" thick.)

Next up, I need to brew some more beer.

Hmmm... I constantly have water collecting on the bottom of my kegerator... Think this might help? My present strategy is to mop it up with paper towels every 2 weeks or so.

If it wasn't so cold in there, it would be a nice breeding ground for mosquitos.

they'll definitely work! when i forget to replace one (leave it plugged in drying) i get a pool of water in the bottom of my keezer in just a few days (shamwows work good in those cases). but so long as I keep two of the smaller Eva-Dry units in there, my keezer's dry!

Awesome build...!!!

I was reading the thread and came across the picture of my DIY 4-tap tower on post #50... I'm glad you liked my tower. I may have to use your idea, so I can move mine into the house. =)

Hey guys,

The barmoire is still running strong. Haven't filled it in a while, and we're getting ready to move half-way across the country.

Any locals to Atlanta/Southeast, or aficionados wanting a roadtrip, make an offer.

I'm thinking I'll move it with us, but I've been thinking about building 2.0 and I'm not sure what our new house/apt will accommodate.

PM me to discuss. I could help move in Atlanta area.

Negotiable on faucets, lines etc. I'm going to build another, so if you already have nicer stuff to put on it, let's talk about it.

Alex

Back