First State Fair in 6yrs and 2 Medals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourHopHead

Reaction score
Tossed in 4 entries to the NM state fair and came away with a Silver and a Bronze. Feeling good going into the countdown to Oktoberfest "09"!!! The real test comes in the HBT Comp coming up.

Thanks to you all!

Congratulations! Sounds like some good beer making on your part.

Good luck in the HBT competition... but not too much luck! :mug:

-Steve

Got my scoresheets yesterday and a judge said my Apfelwine did not taste like apples. Kegged up another batch and cracked an old one open to see how it tasted and there is plenty of apple there. I got some improvement notes for a few other beers, but over all a good read and experience.

Congrats! I've got two entries in the state fair this year. Actually, it's my first homebrew competition. Wish me luck! :mug:

Congrats!

I did well at our state fair this year too.

Makes you want to brew more, doesn't it? :mug:

Wow - congrats. I'm still new to this - only been brewing since March or so. I hope to have the courage to enter a contest someday. Seems really exciting.

Congrats!!

Hopefully your good fortune rubs off on me... I just dropped off three brews at Nebraska's River City Roundup that will be judged next Saturday.

Back