site glass calibration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
Looking for vinyl and calibration numbers. I see bobbyM is closed till he catches up with orders. I need them sooner than that. Anyone know any other sources?

I looked once upon a time and couldn't find any without ordering them custom and I'm sure plenty of businesses would be happy to do it for you. However, being too lazy I just settled with a Sharpie.

Call up a sign shop in your area, they should be able to help.

i just used a sharpie and a piece of tape (to get straight line).

Oh man, a piece of tape too! that is all sorts of fancy, I went freehand. However, I must admit, I would like stickers as I have to touch up the Sharpie every now and again.

Just follow BobbyM's directions for calibration up to the point of actually applying the vinyl stickers. This way, you can brew while waiting on his shop to re-open. When you do get the decals in, all you have to do is clean the tubing surface and apply them.

I used a label maker.

Printed a string of numbers like this and cut them out and wrapped around the sightglass. Black numbers on a clear tape. The underscore acts like a perfect level line.

______1_______2________3________4________5_____6......

Here is my solution to calibrating the site glass. Its just a strip of aluminum from lowes that I calibrated to the kettle and then used a hack saw to make the marks on it.....if only I didn't have a drunk install the site glass itself :drunk: .....but it still works. I put 3/8" o-rings on the site glass for quick referencing while brewing.

8362904414_6d2042fc61.jpg

Back