Corny kegs supplied by CHI is running out soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBeemer

Reaction score
Today I checked on my order thru CHI Company ball lock kegs for sale, Home brewing and vending, beer kegs, Pepsi vending machines, flavor strips and vending labels here in northern California on my 4 pack phone order from 10-3-08. They are app 115 miles from me so shipping cheap.
Went thru the owner this time as the past orders paperwork was lost so the 4 pack will be sent right away plus a free corny as one in the 4 packs ordered months ago had one corny dented up rather badly. They were sorry and will ship an extra corny free. They are great people this way correcting problems plus this is my third 4 pack order of corny's thru them with only one bad keg. Price for the 4 pack $92 plus $13 shipping plus $8 for new "O" ring kit. Last time the "O" ring kit was free with the 4 pack.

Here's what I was told today; 2,000 corny's just sent to Turkey, 1,000 corny's just sent to Australia with only 3,000 left at CHI. When they are gone there will be no more as they purchased the total inventory of pepsi's corny's and their complete cleaning and filling equipment. This corny supply will be gone, gone soon.
They are out of 15.5 gallon kegs at this time and may not receive any more either.

This is their on line pricing list:

A fully rebuilt ball lock corny.................$37.50
Clean tested sent pressurized...............$23.99
4-pack cleaned tested sent pressurized..$92
8-pack.............................................$178
12-pack............................................$260
20-pack............................................$420 ($21 each)
single handle each...............................$20
4-pack single handle............................$77
I believe all the above corny's just cleaned tested and sent pressurized unless noted fully rebuilt.

For Resellers Only Pallets Of 81 corny kegs, 27 x 3 rows high call for price.
This may be old news just wanted to pass along what I found out about corny's here in the northern California area without paying LHBS prices.
Cheers Suds Fans!

just have to move on to sankeys or find a way of getting the plastic cornys

The CHI company supply may well be gone some day, time will tell as the market changes. They purchased every piece of equipment that Pepsi owned including their complete corny operation of cleaning and filling equipment. They're presently out of 15.5 gallon kegs at this time with none coming in soon. What else is out there across the country in corny's is what may only be available and for how long before this also dries up is anyones guess. Smart LHBS places will then ask any price they want when it gets this lean for kegs or cornys. At one time app 2-3 years ago a partner split from CHI, he had a business operation back east like around North Carolina area selling corny's but shipping to California would of been too much for me. I was sad until someone mentioned CHI on this forum, quickly ordered a second 4 pack and now a third. (wife will kill me later).
I found CHI again when they came back with kegs available hence why i'm again purchasing for my future collection of corny's should they dry up completly for ever. Across the country, on ebay or craigslist I have found shipping more than the corny's initial price. Ten years ago a 15 acre junk / scrap yard had hundreds of them for $6 each less than two miles from me and I didn't see the light, 20/20 hindsight as I would of loaded the pickup with many trips if needed. Times have changed and to hear about corny's shipped out of the country I made my move as well collecting some more 15.5 and a few 7.75 free (why?) gallon kegs when they became available. Most free AB Bud kegs free from drivers, some are our friends if you treat them properly. I have one odd duck a Jack Daniels 15.5 galon keg. (beer brewed between 1994-1997 by them).
I don't want to be raped with higher prices later on when supply and demand begins even if i'm not brewing at the moment but still collecting for my future brewing building projects. Hell i'll spread my brewing component item purchases over time, save up and add an item at a time. With a reduced pension until SSD approves my back injury sure sucks with two high school teenagers at home so i'm watch my money. Nuff about my POS back problems. Just wanted others to know about the corny's and their possible future availability I was told about by one of the CHI owners. We had a long conversation and I believe he was a straight person and not doing a buy it now scare tactic. Heck the one bashed up corny he said keep it and will send a free replacement with free shipping. A real business person I must add and trust.
Time will tell on this matter, China is hungry for raw materials.
There is a rather large scrap yard in Oakland that you can see the iron mountain 8 miles away called Schnitzer Steel that loads large ships with iron i'm speaking in the thousands of tons at a time with the ships country of origin or registry from China or Hong Kong. Arron metals sells hay bails of aluminum, copper and stainless, talking 75 to 200 bails at a time of each metal and over 2,000 pounds weight each bail depending on the type of metal mostly sold to Japanese bidders. The bidding wars can get hot and heavy at times. I've seen bidding first hand and known this 3 generation family business for over 35 years. I as an electrician have always cashed in copper there with many companies i've worked with and we are close friends plus I always got an extra high scrap price. One job alone we cashed in $86K in copper. I didn't mean to get off the OP topic just had to pass on what I have seen and what the future may hold on all of us regarding kegs and corny's in our future in this country. I believe your LHBS will just pass on these higher prices as demand goes up for us homebrewers.
I saw somewhere in the midwest corny's listed for $17.50 each, again shipping would be higher than my $23 price each.

Those high faluten AssFactories will not put posts on the plastics for us.

Jaggazzes!

With a little thinking and machine work I bet in the future there will be a way to add posts to these new plastic kegs, there are a lot of smart talented home brewers on these forums. A design challenge is a fun hobby project to some. Call it a "watch me" thing.

Back