Best Buy Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bopper

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am very interested in kegging, however, do not have room for a full size frig. so I have been thinking about buying this kegerator from Best Buy....

Here's the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat48300050015&id=1124432746287

Does anyone have any experience with these? How will I adapt it to fit a Corny keg...I am assuming the hook ups for a corny is are not the same as a standard keg.

I personally recommend this one here: Sanyo 4912

For the price difference, you can buy all the equipment you need, plus some. I picked mine up a few months back and love it. I have yet to build the tower for it (been waiting for ventmatics to go back on sale), but making it from PVC will be cheap.

edit: FYI, the Sanyo holds two cornies and my 5 pound tank.

I'm not sure about that exact model from Best Buy, but I can fit 4 cornys in my store bought kegerator and I built a 4 tap tower for really cheap... take a look in my gallery to see more pics of the tower and kegerator... I posted a thread a little while back that tells you all the parts you need to build a tower like mine... the only thing you have to do is buy the fittings for a corny keg, both gas and beer side, and they should hook up directly to the existing lines in the kegerator... just unhook the lines from the sanke tap and hook up the corny fittings...

Jester

Bopper359

for $600 I built mine all stainless and 4 kegs and all the fixins. do a search on this site for 4912 you'll find some good info. I know people will say it is small but that is the point it looks great in any home especially mine!!!!!

check out my signature for a link to my site I also have other links on how to build it.

Interesting. So you can make a kegerator from a 5 cu foot refrigerator? Damn, and I almost spent $450 for one.

Sanyo SR-4433S
Stainless 4.4CuFt Refrigerator
Reversible Clear Coated Door

$149.99​

Would this size work? I can get this at Costco. I can also get the 4.9CuFt one for $169.00 if need be, but wasn't sure if this 4.4CuFt one would work?

Thanks

the Sanyo 4912 is $179 on sale and will JUST fit 2 ball lock kegs and a 5lb co tank and either a 2 or 3 gauge regulator while still keeping door space for hops, yeast, bottles, etc.

and it isn't big, white and ugly in a home environment which is a big bonus - we keep ours in our dining room and it blends right in with everything it has a nice black and stainless look.

Well cool......then I will probably go with the 4912 then, unless I can really sweet talk the wifey into letting me make the current garage fridge into the kegerator.....

My question would be now is, how do you drill through the side walls of the fridge and then attach the spigots as to not let any cold air out? And, not make a mess of it then be screwed if it doesn't work......:O Little nervous about that one......

After getting the small refrigerator, I assume you still need a tower and taps. Northern Brewer has them for about $140 for a double. So you are getting closer to the $450 mark for one without co2 or kegs.

I got a flyer in the newspaper yesterday from Future Shop, which I guess would be like Cuircit City in the USA.

Anyway, there selling a basicly No-Name 18 cf Full size Fridge for $349 CAN. Since my little bar fridge will only hold one soda keg, I may just buy a new fridge.

Wifey said it didn't matter to her, which means there's only two options.......She'll either get over it, or she won't.........

GABrewboy said:
Well cool......then I will probably go with the 4912 then, unless I can really sweet talk the wifey into letting me make the current garage fridge into the kegerator.....

My question would be now is, how do you drill through the side walls of the fridge and then attach the spigots as to not let any cold air out? And, not make a mess of it then be screwed if it doesn't work......:O Little nervous about that one......

Here try this.... worked great for me.

http://www.chaddickerson.com/gallery/kegerator

I'm too damned cheap to spend that kind of money on a kegerator. Mine is a converted Danby (4.3 cu's I think) that I bought at Target for $99 on sale. Add the tank, tower, taps, etc. I think I have about $250-$300 into it not counting the kegs. It only holds two kegs, though, so if you need more, it wouldn't work for you. There's pics of it in my gallery. :mug:

ablrbrau said:
I'm too damned cheap to spend that kind of money on a kegerator. Mine is a converted Danby (4.3 cu's I think) that I bought at Target for $99 on sale. Add the tank, tower, taps, etc. I think I have about $250-$300 into it not counting the kegs. It only holds two kegs, though, so if you need more, it wouldn't work for you. There's pics of it in my gallery. :mug:

Nice. The Danby is cheaper than the Sanyo many people convert.

Is it this the same model?

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...2?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007XKIP2

Jester, any chance you could look up the brand and model number of your kegerator? I'd like to do 4 or at least 3 Corny kegs but height is a problem!

Thanks!

sneaky

Sneakysnitch said:
Jester, any chance you could look up the brand and model number of your kegerator? I'd like to do 4 or at least 3 Corny kegs but height is a problem!

Thanks!

sneaky

Its a kenmore brand kegerator... but its really old... I would say easily 12-15 years old... both the kegerators I have are kenmores and both are that old... They were passed down from family members who bought them all at the same time... I think there may even be a few more floating through the family... I will try to get a model number tomorrow when I can roll the kegerator out and read the back of it... I looked and the sears website and it still shows that they are selling kenmore brand "beverage dispensers" but I dont know if its the same size... I can fit 4 corny's (2 converted pin locks and 2 ball locks) and my co2 bottle in there... I'll try to get you some more info tomorrow... good luck..

Jester

To find anything with that short and narrow of a profile and yet have it open from the front...well...you would find many blessings my son...

Back