What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Connecticut. CCB and Terrapin came from a trade with allenH who is down in Florida. Gandhi-bot is a locally brewed DIPA that I've never seen outside of Connecticut, but I saw on Beer Pulse that they just expanded their distribution to New York.

Ahhhh OK. I'm down in Miami and there's cases upon cases of jai Alai and maduro at every whole foods and beer store around. Terrapin has found its way into the fresh markets and whole foods recently. I see you're constantly drinking those so I figured you were from the southeast. That ghandi seems so great. Gonna have to try to find that on the way up to see family in upstate NY.

As far as easily obtained DIPAs go this is definitely my #1. I think it's got a little crack in it. :)

20130213_221000.jpg

Ahhhh OK. I'm down in Miami and there's cases upon cases of jai Alai and maduro at every whole foods and beer store around. Terrapin has found its way into the fresh markets and whole foods recently. I see you're constantly drinking those so I figured you were from the southeast. That ghandi seems so great. Gonna have to try to find that on the way up to see family in upstate NY.

They actually just expanded their distribution to NY so it shouldn't be that hard to find. The news came out on Beer Pulse earlier today.

They actually just expanded their distribution to NY so it shouldn't be that hard to find. The news came out on Beer Pulse earlier today.

Awesome. I can't wait to try it. Damn you for cracking one open. I feel like that was just because I mentioned it lol.

DisturbdChemist said:
Sucks was a great DIPA. Supposedly they are coming out with 32ozs of this stuff. Can't wait. Only pick up a sixer and I really enjoyed it

I only picked up a six pack as well. It was the last one on the shelf. Hopefully I can find another because this stuff is great. It has everything I want in an IPA.

I hate that every time I see this thread, I'm drinking crap or soda. I just want to have an awesome answer...

Oh well, right now I'm drinking rolling roll from a can

Tried the hydro sample from my AG Bitter earlier, good stuff! Also had a Fullers ESB. Now I'm enjoying a Left Hand Milk Stout while watching Star Trek. Yeah, I know; I'm a geek...

MrNic said:
I'm in Laramie and I can get their IPA, maximus, censored, daytime, hop stoopid, and lucky 13. I was able to get sucks last year, but I haven't seen it anywhere here this year.

Nice I graduated from Laramie in 2011. Couldn't stand it my freshman year, but now I wish I could move back. Feels more like home than any other place I've lived.

Nice I graduated from Laramie in 2011. Couldn't stand it my freshman year, but now I wish I could move back. Feels more like home than any other place I've lived.

I graduated in 2012. Aside from the lackluster beer selection, I love it here.

First, had an IPA from Speakesy...

Now having some of Jamil's Evil Twin Red Ale...there's something about this ale that stands out...can't really tell if it is the malt or hops that has this very distinct flavor. I can only guess that it has somewhat of a Rye malt taste to it, IF it is coming from the malt, or, if it's the hops that gives this a distinct flavor...either way, it was nice to not having to taste something expected. It really works.

2013-02-13_22-06-08_55.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Got this courtesy of skeezerpleezer and our epic beer tasting last night...

Really nice IPA. Orangey hops (El Dorado), sweet, tea like malts, lingering bitter finish. Super tasty.

Isn't that a smoked IPA? How is the smokey flavor?

Its 5 am and Im at work. What can I say. I have a couple bottles of Stoneybrook Red for this evening.

ForumRunner_20130214_051853.jpg

This beer is fvcking amazing! It's an imperial brown collaboration from Schmaltz and Terrapin. Cocoa nibs, vanilla, cinnamon all go awesome in here. The vanilla is maybe just the tiniest bit too strong but still very enjoyable. There was only one bottle at the shop but I am hoping I can find another to age for a while. Brown was a great choice of style since with your roastier dark beers I find the competition between roast/coffee and the other subtler flavors to be distracting. With a brown there's a nice caramel sweetness that just harmonizes much better with the subtler flavors than roast/coffee does.

You recall how much you paid for this Nuke? I almost grabbed a bottle last night.. It's the only thing with Terrapin on it that i have ever seen around here.. it's about $5.49 for a 22 oz bottle here which isn't too bad either.

$5.50 sounds like a steal. Terrapin special bombers start around $9 here.

$5.50 sounds like a steal. Terrapin special bombers start around $9 here.

That's what I thought. Thanks I'll grab a couple on the trip home today. It was a collaboration brew and said distributed out of New York (no offense New York folks :D ) So I steered clear of it.

:off: remember the old tv commercials about the salsa made in "New York City"

damn i'm old....

Just finished making dessert for tonight. Chocolate mousse topped with a raspberry white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries.

*edit* - I like a nice, light dessert. Saves room for beer! :mug:

image-875686812.jpg

image-4294289864.jpg

That's what I thought. Thanks I'll grab a couple on the trip home today. It was a collaboration brew and said distributed out of New York (no offense New York folks :D ) So I steered clear of it.

:off: remember the old tv commercials about the salsa made in "New York City"

damn i'm old....

I remember...

I have had some damn good brews that were made in New York City.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like Christmas, nothing beats unloading a beer trade box for excitement! Thanks Nordy! I'm set for a couple if weeks ... or at least this holiday weekend! :rockin:

The Winter Warlock is great. The coffee bender is awesome. Lucid and Badger hill share the same space for their brewery and they are both awesome. Thoprock is good, I like their Dubbel and Tripel a bit more though. He sent you our great MN beers. Makes me want to go and do some shopping!

RUNningonbrew said:
That hop mana isn a bad beer for 4.99 a bomber

I agree. I enjoyed that one and couldn't believe how cheap it was when I bought it.

Getting a little buzz on before I start cooking V Day dinner.. A pretty tasty hoppy red ale that works well on a fairly warm day but with snow still on the ground.

image-4232331702.jpg

Getting a little buzz on before I start cooking V Day dinner.. A pretty tasty hoppy red ale that works well on a fairly warm day but with snow still on the ground.

Hey thanks for the reminder. Between brewing, drinking, and wasting time online I almost forgot to get the chicken out of the sweat tea brin.

Canadian blonde from Muntons with dry hop of willamette I think . Quite tasty . I think I am going to do an all grain blonde .

Back