Ideal beer/lager/wine temperatures?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowana

Reaction score
I'm designing an electronic drink cooling device, and I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on temperature.

The function of the device is that you tell it what temperature you want your drink, put it in the fridge, and an alarm will go off when the drink is that temperature. It can be used for any drink.

Doing some research on the internet, 3 degrees C (38 degrees F) seems to be the ideal beer temperature. However, does anyone have any ideal temperatures for:
Beer on a cold day..
Beer on a hot day..
Wine on a hot day..
etc..

Many Thanks

Andrew

I'm designing an electronic drink cooling device, and I'd be interested to hear some thoughts on temperature.

The function of the device is that you tell it what temperature you want your drink, put it in the fridge, and an alarm will go off when the drink is that temperature. It can be used for any drink.

Doing some research on the internet, 3 degrees C (38 degrees F) seems to be the ideal beer temperature. However, does anyone have any ideal temperatures for:
Beer on a cold day..
Beer on a hot day..
Wine on a hot day..
etc..

Many Thanks

Andrew

I believe light beers may do well with 38 degrees but the heavier one goes, the less cooling you want. I wouldn't want to drink a stout cooled to 38.

Good question however.

What are the ideal temps for drinking the various beers we brew?

I left my kegerator at 34 for my Pilsner and it was ok, but almost tasteless(what I was going for(its for a party)) But at that temp my hefeweizen and my IPA were blah.

Stouts seem great at about 48
My IPA is great at 52, but most people, other then us, dont like it that warm.

I tend to like my beers at almost 55 for the most part with the exception being my lagers and specialty flavors (rye, rauche) which I do like colder.

But yeah, as previously said, Heavier=warmer

Doing some research on the internet, 3 degrees C (38 degrees F) seems to be the ideal beer temperature.

I suggest more research ( :p) or that you further qualify that statement. While 3* C might be optimal for some beers it is far too cold for others IMO. There is no single temp that is ideal for all beers, there is a wide range.

Will it turn the moutains on the can blue?

Back