Will my yeast survive in Juicy Juice ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat x nub

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So i am going to take an Ed Worts Apfelwein approach to this because i LOVE grape juicy juice. So i wil get 5 gallons of grape juicy juice but i want to list the ingredients for u guys to tell me if my yeast will survive.

Ingredients:
Apple Juice, Grap Juice, Pear Juice (Water Juice Concenrates), Natural Flavors, Acorbic Acid (Vitamin C), and Citric Acid.

What if i add dextrose to it like ed wort did for apfelwein? WIll that make it sweeter?

No, that will ferment out and boost the alcohol, so it'd be a dry "hot" taste.

go ahead and make it (you can look at my welch's recipe to see how I did it), and if it needs to be sweeter after fermentation is finished, we can tell you how to stabilize and sweeten.

If you add the dextrose while the yeast is still in there, it will just get fermented out leading to higher ABV. If you want it sweeter, you can add some artificial sweetener or kill of the yeasties then add sugar.

Back