AB clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
84.7 IBU? That would make my skull shrink just a tad. It can't take much more. Unfortunately I can't comment on the recipe because I've never had the beer but you have my respect. You are my favorite EAH. :D

Arrogant Bastard. When I first saw the Yoop's post I thought Anheuser Busch and that she had lost her mind.

Looking at the thread title, I thought you were asking about an Anheuser-Busch clone.

I see I am not the only one who thought this.

RichBrewer said:
Can you post the recipe in this thread? I can't get your link to open. :mug:

Ah- you must not have Beersmith! Ok, I'll type it out since I'm not smart enough to do anything else.

Arrogant Bastard Clone-ish?

13 pounds maris otter
1.5 pounds crystal 120

1.25 Chinook 90 minutes
1.00 chinook 30 minutes
.50 chinook 0 minutes

My efficiency generally sucks- so I plan on 68% efficiency which would give me an og of 1.074. 90 minute boil, with a 154 degree mash and mashout.

Fingers said:
84.7 IBU? That would make my skull shrink just a tad. It can't take much more. Unfortunately I can't comment on the recipe because I've never had the beer but you have my respect. You are my favorite EAH. :D

EAH! Now that's funny. I might have to change my signature............

i can't for the life of me figure out what EAC, or EAH means. i've seen it here or there on the this forum and i'm usually pretty good with obscure internet acronyms but this one is killing me.

a little help?

Rhoobarb said:
Your recipe looks pretty close to every other AB clone I've seen. Go for it.

In the primary as we speak! A couple of issues, though- I never did a 90 minute boil before and misjudged by boil off. I ended up with 6 gallons in the fermenter, instead of 5, so my OG was 1.060. Still, ok, but not as "big" or arrogant as I was planning. The IBUs are hovering around 80ish, though, so I'm going to leave it alone. I pitched a big starter of pacific ale yeast at 68 degrees, so we'll see!

Thanks for all the input.

YooperBrew said:
... I ended up with 6 gallons in the fermenter, instead of 5, so my OG was 1.060..

Still respectable. Bet it'll still be tasty!

YooperBrew said:
...I pitched a big starter of pacific ale yeast at 68 degrees, so we'll see!

Have you used this strain before? Just wondering about it's characteristics if you have. Never used it myself, but I have a vial at home.

YooperBrew said:
In the primary as we speak! A couple of issues, though- I never did a 90 minute boil before and misjudged by boil off. I ended up with 6 gallons in the fermenter, instead of 5, so my OG was 1.060. Still, ok, but not as "big" or arrogant as I was planning. The IBUs are hovering around 80ish, though, so I'm going to leave it alone. I pitched a big starter of pacific ale yeast at 68 degrees, so we'll see!

Thanks for all the input.
I had the same problem with my Poor Richard's. We need to recalculate our boil off.

Here's to a good day of brewing. :mug:

Rhoobarb said:
Still respectable. Bet it'll still be tasty!

Have you used this strain before? Just wondering about it's characteristics if you have. Never used it myself, but I have a vial at home.

yes, I used it in my Dead Guy clone the last time because I couldn't get pacman. I like it! According to the description, "It clears the beer well, leaving a malty profile. More fruity than WLP002". I got 72.2% attenuation, so I was happy with it. (My house is pretty cold- so much of the fermentation was in the 62-63 degree range, with the clearing tank in the 58-59 degree range). Maybe that's why I didn't find it too fruity, and it left a really nice malty profile.

Very nice. I'll be curious to hear what you think of this one. I sure do like the Bastard, and the Double Bastard, as well. "Perhaps you're mouthing your words as you read this." Awesome!

Back