Kegerator Labels for Beer on Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all-

I'm sure this has been posted before...but, I was too lazy to search, and the idea dawns upon me 2 sips into my Smithwick's tonight..

I have a kegerator for dispensing my homebrew.

It is nice to be able to proudly display my success, and promote my "special" and "Limited" edition brews (that didn't turn out so well) for friends and visitors.

I had been using some magnetic dry erase plaques, but those never last, and are no longer made that I can find...

It has dawned upon me that chalkboard is ever versatile, and there may be magnetic backed 2x2 or up to 4x4" chalkboard plaques that could be used to identify current offerings.

In my initial search, I found a site that peddles these products $10 per set minimum of 15 sets per order, which each set containing 4 "coasters" - these are 4x4" in size. (http://www.beau-coup.com/chalkboard_coasters.htm)

well some quick math and a a nasty flashback to elementary school tells me:

2.50 per "coaster"
$150 for order = 60 "coasters" at $2.50 each - not counting S&H.

I only want 6 ($15 worth). Anyone think we could get a group buy going?

Anyone else have a better idea on how to label what is on tap, without using 2" masking tape and a sharpie?

This plan would also call for "coasters" to be glued, mounted or otherwise attached to your kegerator. Mounting magnetic backing would add additional expense.

Anyone know of a better source for this stuff to avoid a group buy?

TD

Hmm Good idea.

I only have an laser printer though. I was thinking also more on the low-tech side, but I'd bet you could could do some cool things with those....

TD

I did it a simple way. Used a clear plastic cover, you know, like the ones you would have on your prized Magic cards or baseball cards. Then put magnetic tape on the back. Print anything you want in a 2.5x3.5" square. Cut and place in the holder.

I was originally looking for magnetic clear picture frames for wallet sized photos, but they were out of stock. This actually turned out cheaper since I already had everything on hand.

I don't have my taps installed yet, but I can post a picture later tonight when its finished. Nice and simple, doesn't get in the way or require any special (read expensive) tap handle. Works great for keezers or kegerators with taps mounted on the sides, as it doesn't clutter up the top/counter. You can write anything you want or even do artwork/logos with a regular laser printer. I really didn't want to deal with the look and smudging of chalk and I think this is much cleaner. I

Those coaster things seem cool - I definitely need to upgrade my current system... I am thinking that the baseball card holders may be worth a shot too.

Current setup - lol
IMG_0018.jpg

Here's what I plan on doing, once the keezer gets built (sometime in August 2043, at this rate...) but instead of using printed business card sized things, and messing with the inserts, I'll use the afforementioned chalkboard paint on the plinth.

handles.jpg

Necro-post.

I bought and installed a Perlick commercial forced air 6 beer system and 3-door counter-height cooler behind the wall.

My wife bought me some of those "Tap Boards" to use, but they are too wide to all fit onto the Perlick tower!
I think I might make some extension rods of SS and stagger the tap boards...

TD

Back