Freezer to kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prost!

Reaction score
Has any of you converted a freezer into a kegerator? Do I need some kind of thermostat converter?

I have a deep freeze converted to a kegerator for my 5 gallon kegs. I have a Temp controller in line, and keep it at 36 degrees. I also have 2 - 2 tap towers on the top of the door, and a distribution header inside. I can raise the door wide open with the towers on it, and I have plenty of room to lager, tap, or store kegs inside it too.

You'll want something like this

E26.jpg

Click Here for more info.

My brewing compadre' Ian just scored one very similar to this on ebay for a good bit less. Maybe he'll post the price if he stops working for a bit this morning. (He works right next to me.) I think it was less than $30.

bobbyc said:
My brewing compadre' Ian just scored one very similar to this on ebay for a good bit less. Maybe he'll post the price if he stops working for a bit this morning. (He works right next to me.) I think it was less than $30.
That'd be me. I got THIS for $9.99 and $10 shipping. It doesn't have a power cord or bypass so I will have to splice a couple pieces of extension cord to it. But way cheaper than the one sold by HBS's.

Back