another cheap drip tray idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have my faucets on the side of my keezer so it's not in a path of walking. although i just saw HF has a mud pan for 5 and those welder magnets for $2 each so it's about the same price.

ding in what paint? and what's going to rust?

the tray, my keezer?

i have the entire keezer painted with 4-5 layers of chalkboard paint. what would ding the paint?

it's magnetically attached so it can be knocked off, etc. I got 2 little kids and they'll try to climb it or hit it. But it's cheap enough that if some paint gets chipped off and the base metal (of the tray) rusts it's no biggie.

Looks like a good cheap drip tray. I used a stainless grill smoker box which I got at lowes for $10 and epoxied some magnets on there it works great. You could get a bar mat and cut it to fit in there so the spilt beer has somewhere to drain.

-G

thats what I use, I cut the ends out of it and put the $10 smoker box from lowes inside of it. It will hold 3 full pints but falls off with 4

Looks like it would work

Here is what the smoker box looks like with magnets

image-531981734.jpg

The smoker boxes have corners that are not liquid tight. I ran a bead of silicone down each corner to seal them.

that's because they discontinued it. I found it at my lowes still. It's by Master Forge. I went with a Kobalt mud pan instead b/c it was a few inches longer plus it's leak proof

i meant online, my bad. I've seen it here all summer long, but the website doesn't have the SKU

Looks like a good cheap drip tray. I used a stainless grill smoker box which I got at lowes for $10 and epoxied some magnets on there it works great. You could get a bar mat and cut it to fit in there so the spilt beer has somewhere to drain.

-G

Did I just read your review on lowes.com? :mug:

I think I'm gonna steal your idea!

revansCAAD8 said:
They certainly hasn't been discontinued in the Lowes stores here in Salt Lake City area. Here is a picture:

"This item has been discontinued on Lowes.com" :(
Time to swing by the local store....

Back