What I did

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdel

Reaction score
Hey folks this is my second post here thanks for having me. Ok this is what I started with. Any input on how long and how to bottle it with a little fizz to it . Keep in mind I am a very very very newbie at all this brewing stuff pleas be gentle ;-)
I started with :
4 gallons of apple juice
about a gallon of water
about 7 1/2 cups of sugar
about 2 cups of honey
red star Cote de Blancs yeast
I pretty much just threw it all togher. I did rehydrate the yeast . It has been bubbling away for 2 days now . I never relaized that the stuff put off that much gas .
I do have a few wine bottles , some glass beer bottles and some PET bottles , and everything to seal them with.
I am open to any Ideas . And thank you for you help.
Jim
:mug:

About half of the sugar gets converted to CO2.

Let it ferment for a month and then check the gravity.

Do some reading here in the mean time. You'll find lots of ideas.

Kind of a silly but does anyone else smell the cider as its brewing ??? Dang it smells good !!!only 26 days till racking :)

jamesdel said:
Kind of a silly but does anyone else smell the cider as its brewing ??? Dang it smells good !!!only 26 days till racking :)

I've done that with everything I've brewed so far! While the airlock is bubbling away, I wait until it bubbles up then I inhale to get a good sense if how it smells without opening the bucket or carboy. Cider in particular smells great to me when it is fermenting.

Latest posts

Back