Cool new toy I got to play with!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is out of the reach of most homebrewers but it was pretty neat to play with.

It has super smooth action. All you need to do is hold the handle and push forward. There is an animation on their website that shows how it works. Momentum Development

422450_3365213856989_1468420387_33299388_306867420_n.jpg

The unit was $899 from morebeerpro.com. As for the labels. I believe the company we got it from was Innovative Labeling Solutions. We got the price down pretty nice because we bought 10k labels. 5k for our Vanilla porter and 5k for our Rye Pale Ale.

I believe in the end we got it down to about $0.22 per label. 4.75" x 8.5" for bombers. So it was a pretty big label.

Sweet contraption! I used to work for a label printer. I kept trying to get them to get into the craft beer label market, but they wouldn't listen to me.

Are your labels self adhesive? I see that most commercial labels out there right now are "cut and stack", meaning it does not already have adhesive on the back, and there is no backing. they have to actually glue the labels on, and cut them apart in line.

Yeah ours are on a roll and self adhesive. Pressure labels. They are slightly thicker stock then most because of the look we were going for. The machine works great with them.

Hard to tell from the pics, but the labels look great too. Do you have any idea if they did them on a digital or conventional flexo press?

Back