"Leftover" beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
Anyone here ever make a batch out of leftovers? Say you have a bunch of odds and ends that have built up-- a pound of one kind of grain, a half pound of another a few pounds of LME, some extra DME, a pack of yeast that you didn't use when you decided to pitch on a yeast cake instead...

Anyone ever just throw all this stuff together and see how it comes out? I think I'm almost to the point where I have enough odds and ends built up that I should try it.

McCall St. Brewer said:
Anyone here ever make a batch out of leftovers? Say you have a bunch of odds and ends that have built up-- a pound of one kind of grain, a half pound of another a few pounds of LME, some extra DME, a pack of yeast that you didn't use when you decided to pitch on a yeast cake instead...
I was tidying up my brewing gear on Saturday, and had that very thought. Unfortunately, the only fermentables I have that aren't part of a planned recipe are 3lb of DME and 4lb of dextrose.

I guess I could brew a batch of beer to serve to people I don't like. :p

i always have leftover hops and i've been stocking up on malt extract lately. i also have some leftover grains from when i changed my mind on the honey rye...s'got rye in the mix. maybe i should make a rye stout? hmm...only need some more grains. looks like i'm stopping by the brew store! thanks for teh inspiration!

I always have enough for my next batch just in case I find the time!
My beasts were odds and ends. Big odds and long ends right enough!

Yeah, About a year ago, I had WAY too many hops that were getting older than I cared for, so made a freezer IPA. Came out GREAT! Actually, I wrote down the recipe and still brew it from time to time.

Back