So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a ground-up recipe for American Brown Ale boiling away right now. Pretty conventional... 2nd AG brown ale, so I'm gonna call it Brown No. 2 to deter the inattentive.

Just got done brewing a Belgian Pale Ale, based on Saccharomyces' recipe. I hope to enter this in a local belgian contest. I am going to put it in the Barrel I got thanks to him and infidel as well for some aging.

I am also thinking I will do 10 gallons of blond tomorrow.

I just finished yooperbrew/jamil common OG 1.054 .I pitced my starter right out of the fridge not thinking, doe.Should be alright I hope?????

just put a five gallon batch of porter to ferment, got the grains for my ipa mashing right now while i heat the sparge water.

first time i've done two in one day -- must admit i'm pretty tired. a lot of lifting since i'm doing this stove top

I'm doing a 1 gallon batch of stout (well, stout-esque, anyhow...) -- the wort is boiling as I type this.

This was my first time trying out my new used Corona mill (Value Village ftw!) and I thought I'd start small. Plus, short boil/cool-down time means I can do a lot of this in my kitchen while helping to keep an eye on my kids, rather than staying up 'til 11pm doing a full batch. (That's hard when the kids are up at 6am...)

If I've got my volume estimated right, I got about 75% efficiency, which is pretty darn good for the first time with the Corona mill. As for the recipe...well, I was actually aiming for a soured stout, but I don't think I've hit it. The sour mash didn't smell so sour to me, and the wort looks closer to a medium-dark brown rather than black. But hey! Beer! :mug:

I wish. Both my carboys are full. I guess it's not a bad position to be in. Or I can just go get another carboy.:D

I brewed Friday. :p

Getting cold here. I had to carry the boil kettle inside to run the chiller since my garden hose was frozen. :(

Heating up my sparge water and about to tap the first runnings on Edwort's Bavarian Hefeweizen! Prost!

Heating up my sparge water and about to tap the first runnings on Edwort's Bavarian Hefeweizen! Prost!

That's such a good recipe. I've got a little left over from Thanksgiving.
Today I brewed 10 gallons of pale ale and bottled 4 cases of Hobgoblin clone.
Tomorrow I'm brewing a black ale.

I am waiting on active fermentation to start in a light red ale.

Used a hop sock for the first time, as I want to make the clearest beer I can, within reason.

Also bottled an APA.

Brewing a Blonde Ale for the wife. Need to keep on her good side for when I hit her with the request for kegging equipment:D

about to start on another 5 gallons of my version of EdWorts Haus ale, I brew it so often that I have vacuum packed bags of the grainbill ready to crush, I also have the hops pre weighed and labeled with addition times in vacuum bags as well, just grab and go!

Brewed yesterday with a new buddy and his 15-gal setup (three converted keggles). We split the batch three ways, so I have 5.5 gals of Fat Man Ale getting ready to bubble away in my living room!

finally had a chance to brew the red ale i had planned to to last weekend. it's got about another 45 minutes of boiling left. brewed this while drinking my dark continental that i brewed last time. :mug:

5 gallons of 1.100 Wee Heavy into the fermenter along with 55 other gallons for the club. Will hit the Buffalo Trace Barrel (Maker's wouldn't sell us one, bastards!) in about a month.

Bottled a Mac & Jacks AA clone, transferred an oatmeal stout off the recycled yeast from the AA and brewed:

9lb Light LME
1lb Caravienne
.75oz Warrior @ 60
.5oz Warrior @ 45
.75oz Citra @ 30
.5oz Citra @ 15
.5oz Cascade @ 5
.5oz Cascade Dry Hop
Safale-04

We'll see what happens...

finished my 2 beers from one mash yesterday. Was looking for 11 gallons of wort in the end but ended up with 13 and still over shot the gravities on both beers.

Heh, maybe I gave you some of my gravity!

Ran a batch of Dry Dock's (Aurora, CO) Vanilla Porter. I totally undershot the OG. Should've been around 1.060, mine was 1.042.

No idea how it came out so low, unless it's because I finally did a good job getting the break material out of the wort. Should be tasty either way, just a little low on the final ABV.

Brewed a Beamish stout clone on Sat., a Founders breakfast stout clone on Sunday. Love the dark beers when the weather gets cold!

Tomorrow I'm gonna brew an AG Kolsch while a couple of buddies brew their 1st and 3rd extract batches. Another homebrewer friend is bringing by some holiday spiced beer we made a while back. Should be a good day!

Chilling down some centennial blonde while sampling my Robust Porter... damn this is good.

DSC00336.jpg

Kegging a sierra clone, a Belgian wit, and a batch of apfelwein. Then pitching another apfelwein onto the cake, and brewing something not sure yet, maybe a Gordon Ale clone.

Kegging a sierra clone, a Belgian wit, and a batch of apfelwein. Then pitching another apfelwein onto the cake, and brewing something not sure yet, maybe a Gordon Ale clone.

That's a solid brewing weekend my friend.:D

Gonna do a batch of Ol' Pesets' HBA - Hazelnut Brown Ale, a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar clone.

If it stops snowing and the wind dies down, plan is to brew the AHS promo American IPA tomorrow.

Will also be transferring the AHS British IPA to a secondary and washing the yeast for future use (goal is to have them both on tap at the same time).

And, if weather looks good for early next week, get a starter going for another brew day.

Brewer's Best IPA kit from Local here. Also tasting results from the last brew (grains, not a kit), will move on from Munton's yeast in the future.

d-rest for the brews from last weekend(ipa and apa) so I can pull them out and put them in the back bedroom and crash cool my Black Butte XX clone and bottle early next week.

Back