Great HOP pricing going on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll be stocking up!

Wish I knew how much they were charging for shipping...

about 9-10 bucks to ship a couple pounds. I just ordered a couple months ago. Im so tempted to do it again.

Looks like I'll be stocking up!

Wish I knew how much they were charging for shipping...

I've bought from them before, and they use UPS shipping. You might be able to see if they can use USPS or another carrier.

I think that the shipping price depends on the weight shipped and zip code. Just email them if you have concerns. They usually have great customer service.

Wow. Wow. $9.50/lb whole cascade. Priced to sell for sure. Making way for the 2009 crop.

Call them for shipping, they will give you an answer gladly in about 30 seconds.

why are the pellet cheaper than the whole leaf?

They have been all year there, dunno... but we bought 50 pounds earlier this year, I know of a couple Indy guys that are buying some more!

Shoot! I just ordered 4 pounds from them last week. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. The Fuggles dropped by nearly half! I sent an email lamenting the price change while my order was in the mill. It will be interesting to see what reply I get. We'll see if I'm buying a pickle...

Pickle Principle - how it all began

damn, these are the hop prices im talking about. is it suggested to stock up now as these are the cheapest they get? or maybe even prices raised once the 2009 crop is in stock and ready to go?

Wow cheap prices. I'm really tempted to order but considering how long I keep hops around I'll wait for 2009 hops. All the beers I've made from hopsdirect 2008 have turned out good in hop flavor.

Good call, just ordered 4 pounds at less than 1/3 of the price per ounce compared to my online retailer of choice. Got whole leaf cascade, and pellet Magnum, Chinook, and EKG.

I'm waiting for payday and then stocking up on some pellets.
now just to narrow down the 3 or 4 pounds I want to get.
I'm thinking Amarillo, Chinook, Magnum, and Willamette.
Oh yeah, that order and a trip to mid county malt and it is ON!

In for Amarillo x2, Willamette, Northern Brewer, and Cascade.

Thanks, OP!

[Edit: Oops, those Northern Brewer are the German variety, not domestic. I asked if I could switch them out for Magnum. Hopefully they'll see the e-mail in time.]

If these are last year's hops, do we know anything about their storage conditions. Also, does anybody know if they offer cold shipping? Prices are awesome, just a little worried about holding temps.

Thanks

If these are last year's hops, do we know anything about their storage conditions. Also, does anybody know if they offer cold shipping? Prices are awesome, just a little worried about holding temps.

Thanks

Hopsdirect is one of the top hops supplier. You don't have to worry about them being mishandled prior to shipping.

Oh yeah, that order and a trip to mid county malt and it is ON!

I would call mid-country and ask what their current hop prices are if you are going there... it would seem like you may get similiar prices, even if they are not reflected online. And any difference would likely be offset by not paying shipping?

just a thought?

*subscribed for other's price matching experiences on purchases last week. Called them and was told they'll call me back with an answer (CSR couldn't make the call).

Looks like the 2009 harvest will be quite good, despite the hail damage in Germany.

Weird... I ordered a couple of pounds but it never gave me an option to review shipping before ordering. I was lazy and didn't want to go get my debit card so I used the Paypal option and when I clicked next, the page that came up said "Thank you for your order". The confirmation e-mail just says shipping TBD.

Make sure to use a credit card instead of paypal, they will charge you a bit more to use paypal. Generally their shipping prices are pretty good though, you need to call for shipping price.

in for 5
1 each HAMAP1 Amarillo Pellet Hops: 1 lb. $ 11.25
Item 02: 1 each HCASP1 Cascade Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 8.75
Item 03: 1 each HCOLP1 Columbus Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 12.75
Item 04: 1 each HMALU1 Magnum (US) Pellets: 1 lb. $ 9.75
Item 05: 1 each HMTH1 Mt. Hood Leaf Hops 1 lb. $ 11.50

I would call mid-country and ask what their current hop prices are if you are going there... it would seem like you may get similiar prices, even if they are not reflected online. And any difference would likely be offset by not paying shipping?

just a thought?

Well, basically it comes down to money being tight. This payday I can order my hops, then next payday I can get my malt.
I'll need to have the extra money when I get the malt since Three Floyds is only 15 minutes or so away. I can't make that drive to mid-county and NOT go to Three Floyds.
:mug:

Is the site down for anyone else?

Edit: Not the site so much as the shopping cart. Can't add anything.

Just ordered 4lbs for I2PA recipe. No problems with site or cart. Try a different browser if you are having problems.

(firefox mac)

Back