Convert a GE GSS22wgph cc Side by Side Refrigerat to Kegerator/ fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeseven

Reaction score
I have been looking to Lager for a long time. I have also wanted to set up a 4 keg kegerator. I found a GE Side by side Refrigerator. My plan is to strip the shelves out and build new ones in the freezer for 4 kegs.

I will be using sanke kegs for fermentation. I can fir 2 in the frige half.

Attached are pictures of the frige. I also have included the wiring diagram.

My goal is to control the freezer half with a 110 vt love controler and use my BCS-460 i brew with to control the Frige side.

I am unsure how to connect the relays into main board. If anyone on this board could help me with this I'll be well on my way.

Thanks All

Good Brewing
Blakeseven

20121125_175138.jpg

20121125_175153.jpg

20121125_175204.jpg

SCAN0027.jpg

I'm trying to do the same. I need to figure out how to control the compressor, damper and a heater with the love controller (I think I can wire the compressor/damper in series). I would also need a controller for the freezer (maybe) to control the keggerator.

How did you wire the temp controllers? The link looks like it is for an analog system w/thermostats?

Correct. The probes are taped to carboy with bubble rap.I took power from the light in the fridge.

I ran lamp cord to the back and used that with the relay to engage the compressor.

quick question: wouldn't you want to ferment in the freezer side so you can cold crash? will the fridge side get down to 31-32 F?

Back