Wiring up a simple PID control box.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I'm trying to finally finish a simple control box for my PID to run my HERMS system. It's the most basic this ever, and nothing like the control boxes I've seen built on here.

Mine is miterally a small project box with the PID, PT100 probe, and a SSR to power a 2.4Kw element.

Now just to point out im in the UK and running off 240v. The SSR I have heats up a fair bit even with the heatsink, so I would like to run a 12V fan to cool it, as I have plenty of these runnign about.

Is tehre anyway to power this without using a seperate power supply, or something very large that wont fit in my smallish project box?

Id rather just have one mains power input to it than have two, one for the PID and another just for the fan.

Yea, trouble is I cant seem to find one thats smll enough to fit over here.

Hmm...sorry, don't know what to tell you then. Radio Shack sells AC voltage fans for cheap around here, but I couldn't begin to guess about where to find that kind of stuff in the UK.

Sorry I can't be more help! :mug:

Latest posts

Back