Honey liquor "Rare Mead"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodhi86

Reaction score
Made a one gallon batch of cardamom cyser, I started with a huge gravity and couldn't get enough o2 to get it to go to dry, finished real syrupy sweet but the flavor was on point. I got this idea from the forums and went out and got a fifth of wild turkey rare breed, mixed them pasteurized them and put them in mason jars still hot. The flavor at " jarring " was amazing, I plan on keeping one jar for years, one till my housewarming, one till my birthday and giving one to a good buddy who appreciates unique drink. Just had to share my first triumph in the mead world after many rookie brews. I call it "Rare Mead"

image-2674399890.jpg

Bottled it may 6th, just opened one last night, lemme tell you that a quart of honey liquor will definately do the job if your trying to get drunk, and taste good the whole while. Started off real strong but a few glasses more fixed that. Very good home brew I have to say.

Yeah all the major bourbon/sour mashes seem to sell a honey whiskey at this point. I'd bet I might actually enjoy a mead/bourbon concoction more than those though, since its probably not sickenly sweet.

All the brand name ones are real syrupy and almost taste like cough medicine. This is a more herby profiled mead that had the flavor I was looking for but not the dryness. The bourbon was an excellent pairing, fortifies the mead, make the bourbon almost exotic and much easier to drink straight. Probably going to make this again and again.

Back