Allergy to most beer but not Land Shark Lager ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnFeDad

Reaction score
I have terrible sinus attacks with many beers ( Miller Lite ) but I have found that I can consume Land Shark without any problems. Is there anyone that might know the difference between these two beers? Different yeast, hops? Is Land Shark Gluten free?

Land Shark is brewed by AB, which uses their house strain I believe for Land shark. Are you allergic to bud or budlight? Land Shark is basically water, barley, corn, hops, and yeast. It's not gluten free, so that's not it. No beer made from barley malt is gluten-free. http://www.celiac.co...Beer/Page1.html. You need to find one of the sorghum craft beers if you want to drink beer.

I drank Bud light lime this week without problems. Miller lite and Yuengling just about killed me! Wine also gives me a bad reaction. Sulfite allergy? Land Shark/Bud also would have Sulfites wouldn't they? I could be dealing with two separate sensitivities.

Doing a cursory search, Miller and Yuengling use corn as an adjunct while Bud uses rice. Could you be allergic to corn?

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed Landshark uses corn. I have no idea. You might want to go to a doctor and have an allergy panel done.

Most red wines will give me sinus headaches, very few beers will. I would try more craft beers, to see which give you an reaction. And then buy the ones that don't.
Then try cloning them when you home brew. keep your sinus medicine handy (sinutab, and sine
aid work foe me).

I get bad sinuses sometimes after drinking some beers. I haven't found the problem as to why yet, but I've found the solution. Take a Benadryl before you go to bed. You'll sleep great and your sinuses won't bother you.

Back