What is the best Propane burner + amazon gift card

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aequitas

Reaction score
I've been doing AG batches for about a year now and normally have 7.5 gallons for a prebroil which has moved me out of the kitchen. I bought a Turkey fryer kit a few years ago on sale from Target for 15 dollars and it does ok for boiling, usually takes 30-40 minutes to bring 7.5g to a boil.
Good news is that I finally have a litAmazon gift card to get a new burner and I would like some opinions on what I should get. I don't think I will be doing 10 gallons batches for another 5 years because of space concerns and at that point I'll probably build a AG system. But for now I am just looking for something that works really well, doesn't eat up propane like crazy and will last a few years. ANY thoughts?

Thanks!

got two of these: SQ-14

both actually purchased from amazon as well.. great stand, great burner, great price.. fits keggles and anything else you can think of.. would easily buy them again (though i doubt i will need to)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Bayou Classic SP-10 from Amazon, used it the past 2.5 years without a hiccup. Works perfectly with my 30 qt SS pot for full boils.

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies, as each of these were the ones I was considering. Just need to read the Amazon reviews now. That sq14 is nice as it would fit keggles at some point and not eat up too much gas. I'll keep looking, let me know if you have more thoughts as most of you have already purchased these fine burners :).

Thanks!

got two of these: SQ-14

both actually purchased from amazon as well.. great stand, great burner, great price.. fits keggles and anything else you can think of.. would easily buy them again (though i doubt i will need to)

I have one of these.. It also has no problem handling a 10 gallon batch..

I'm building a brew rig & have 3 SQ14 burners....I was wondering what the best distance from burner to pot is. Any thoughts?

the SQ-14 burners with the stand is like about 2 inches to the top of the stand where a pot would sit (just trying to remember).. though i use keggles so the bottom is domed, i would say 3-4 inches would be good

Latest posts

Back