Bottled first beer today, Beer Gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finchlake

Reaction score
Bottled my first beer today.

When I started brewing I went straight to kegging and I've been pouring straignt out of the keg since. Sometimes it would be nice to carry some with me or give some away to friends, this didn't work well the keg.

I bought a BeerGun, and finialy got it hooked up ( They don't give you a Tee for the gas line in the hook up kit. (wonder why?:eek: )

Anyway it worked GREAT. I thought I might get too much foam, I usually do in my glass, that didn't happen. I turned the Gas down to 5 PSI like it said, and the bottles filled up of fine, only a little bit of foam.

How that I have it all hooked up I'm going to like having the option of bottles or keg.

Question:

How much headspace should I leave in the bottles?

Fill the bottle all the way to the top getting any foam out as well. When you pull out the beer gun you will have the perfect amount of head space. :mug:

OK, thanks for the reply. That sounds like a easy method, and it will be consistance from bottle to bottle. I think I'm going to like this setup.

The people I know that have beerguns, love them. And they all wonder why there's no T.

I, too, love my Beer Gun. I solved the "no tee" problem by using my spare CO2 cylinder and a 1/4" quick disconnect.

4688-beergun.JPG

I've found a ton of uses for having a CO2 tank set up like this - not the least of which are the Beer Gun and carbonating homemade soft drinks.

4688-quickdisconnectco2.JPG

I like that quick disconnect. I been unscrewing everything or just leaving it all hooked up and carring it all around with me.

Are those quick connect fittings regular fitting like on a compressed air tank?

I'm going to add that to my setup.

Yea,:( the "Tee" was the most expensive part of the whole setup.

I live way out in the country, the nearest hardware store is 36 miles away. To drive to the hardware store cost me $10.76 in gas.

Not only that, my wife wants to go, she says she gets to go buy something because "You just got a package in with some more of that "BEER STUFF". Add $56.89 to the cost of that "TEE".

We also decide that since we're in town may as well eat out. Add another $46.67 + tip to the cost of that D*mn "TEE"

Oh yea, we stopped at the hardware store and purchased the "Tee" add $0.89 to the cost of the "TEE".

Why couldn't they just include the "TEE" in the Accessiers KIt?:confused:

Back