Check this out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostforatime

Reaction score
For Christmas my wife gave my fridge a overhaul. Paint and a brand new stainless drip tray. I haven't been this excited in a long time, sad I know. I took some pics, let me know what you think

I have to give Becky crap about this being that your woman did such a great job and my fridge could definitely use an overhaul like yours

Great job on that

Nice! I see many kegerators with taps on the door and some on the side. Mine are on the door. I can see how the side-mounts would be better for work inside, but I'm still not sure about side mounts. What is most popular and workable?

I'd be happy if my wife just cleaned mine.LOL Your looks super!!!

thebull said:
Nice! I see many kegerators with taps on the door and some on the side. Mine are on the door. I can see how the side-mounts would be better for work inside, but I'm still not sure about side mounts. What is most popular and workable?
It is whatever works for your needs. I like the door mount but it doesn't work better than a side mounted.

by using the side the beer lines never get in the way and I am able to use the storage in the door

I have to use shorty tap handles to have access to the freezer because I have 'em door mounted.

Thing about a side mount is, if you move, you may limit yourself on where the fridge can go. You will always have access to the front.

thebull said:

I went with the side because I wanted to mount the taps as high as possible. They're still a tad lower than I'd like them, but they work for now. If I would have put them on the door, they would have had to be lower and I wouldn't be able to use tall tap handles without my freezer door hitting the taps when it gets opened.

I know this thread is about 10 years old - but I am looking to drill some tap holes on the side of my fridge. I am working with a Frigidaire NFTR18X4LW and the only reason I haven't gotten started is because I am worried about ruining the fridge. Does anybody have any experience with this fridge model? Any advice would be great!

I have heard of smearing something on the side of the fridge that will show where any coils are. Drilling a small hole carefully in the skin then probing carefully through the insulation looking for coils. And using an infrared thermometer looking for the coils.

Other than saying to be careful, I have nothing further to offer.

I know this thread is about 10 years old - but I am looking to drill some tap holes on the side of my fridge. I am working with a Frigidaire NFTR18X4LW and the only reason I haven't gotten started is because I am worried about ruining the fridge. Does anybody have any experience with this fridge model? Any advice would be great!

When drilling my fridge I looked up the model on google to see the manufacturers info or a schematic drawing (probably using the wrong term for this, but I think it gets the point across). Not sure if you’ll find something conclusive for your model, but mine showed coils only in the sides, so I carefully drilled the top and had no issues

When drilling my fridge I looked up the model on google to see the manufacturers info or a schematic drawing (probably using the wrong term for this, but I think it gets the point across). Not sure if you’ll find something conclusive for your model, but mine showed coils only in the sides, so I carefully drilled the top and had no issues

Thanks!

Back