• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Rubber coated 15.5 gallon keg for trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux

Reaction score
I have a rubber coated half barrel keg and would like a non rubber coated keg. Any one want trade? Orif you have a keg I will buy it. IM in Naperville

Hey Mux,
I have one that I may be interested in trading you.
Any pictures of the keg you can send me?

Not on my phone- but ill find a similar and post that for now. It's complete with spear, lock ring and old miller lite.

image-1792233761.jpg

image-3072710259.jpg

Exactly like these. < to be clear the kegs pictured are not the actual keg I have position of> the keg I have is in great shape and fully functional.

image-4209633364.jpg

image-105703988.jpg

image-2418165906.jpg

Actual keg- and looks like I lied I don't have the spear or lock ring. Sorry.

adroc said:
Would you be willing to trade it for a 1/4 barrel sanke keg?

No- I ferment 10 gallons in them. 1/4 barrel is to small.

If you are looking for a keg in Illinois try kegcraft.com. They sold me a "damaged" keg. The keg looked like it had been used twice. He said they had some that were manufactured wrong and leaked where the spear went in. Perfect for homebrewing.

bmurrs said:
If you are looking for a keg in Illinois try kegcraft.com. They sold me a "damaged" keg. The keg looked like it had been used twice. He said they had some that were manufactured wrong and leaked where the spear went in. Perfect for homebrewing.

How much?

Are you still looking for a standard 1/2 barrel keg to trade? I have one in great shape that I would be willing to trade for this rubber coated one.

I live just down the street from Naperville.

Are you still looking for a standard 1/2 barrel keg to trade? I have one in great shape that I would be willing to trade for this rubber coated one.

I live just down the street from Naperville.

If he doesn't need the trade, I might be up for taking this off your hands. I can trade brew or pay ya if the price is right. It would become my MLT down the road.

Heck, I could brew you 5 gallons of beer if you wanted for trade :tank:

If he doesn't need the trade, I might be up for taking this off your hands. I can trade brew or pay ya if the price is right. It would become my MLT down the road.

Heck, I could brew you 5 gallons of beer if you wanted for trade :tank:

That is why I wanted the rubber coated keg in trade, for my new MLT. I have outgrown my 10gal igloo as my MLT and it will now be the HLT after converting the 1/2 barrel to an open tank.

I have no problem using the keg I have now for my MLT but the thought of having a nice rubber coating to help insulate under a wrap or two of reflectix is intriguing.

That is why I wanted the rubber coated keg in trade, for my new MLT. I have outgrown my 10gal igloo as my MLT and it will now be the HLT after converting the 1/2 barrel to an open tank.

I have no problem using the keg I have now for my MLT but the thought of having a nice rubber coating to help insulate under a wrap or two of reflectix is intriguing.

That's a good idea. Good luck!

Back