Score!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ooompa Loompa

Reaction score
I don't really buy beer much anymore, I usually just prefer to drink my homebrews. But completely on a whim I decided to stop in to the liquor store tonight to see if anything caught my eye. And what did I find sitting on one of the shelves??? DFH 120 min!!!! This is the first time I have ever seen it on a shelf anywhere (admittadly I haven't been huge on finding it, but I do keep my eye open). They had 5 bottles, and it was $9.50 per bottle. First I grabbed one, closed the door, then thought about it for a second and opened the door back up and grabbed another. I was tempted to buy all 5, but decided to show some restraint. So those (along with a bottle of Avery's Mestophole's Stout that I picked up a bottle of as well) are sitting happily in my beer cabinet. I'm not real sure when I will drink them, but hopefully I'll have the restraint to age at least one of them for a year or two.

Very nice. Whereabouts are you? I'd love to get my hands on some DFA 120 but instead I have to "settle" for AleSmith, Stone, Lost Abbey/Port et al offerings.

i dunno, i'm sure the dfh will mature in flavor, but won't a year cause it to lose a lot of hop flavor and bitterness?

Back