Seeking Stone Enjoy By 7.14.13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTate37

Reaction score
Hi all...

I was lucky enough to be in San Diego right after the last Stone Enjoy By was bottled and thoroughly enjoyed (LOVED) that beer and would really like to have some of the new batch. Unfortunately we don't get Stone in Alabama. I haven't yet started trading so I don't have anything to offer at the moment, but if there is anyone that has access to Enjoy By I would be willing to either set up something through PayPal for cash or pick up some beers from this area that you may not be able to get.

I would also be interested in some Cherry Bomb from Julian Hard Ciders. This is my wife's favorite cider and we just learned that Julian would no longer be distributed in Georgia.

Breweries that I have access to and most west coast states don't are:
Avondale (local)
BackForty (local)
Bells
Blue Pants (local)
Choc
Founders
Good People (local) - Snakehandler is a pretty good DIPA.
Highland
Left Hand
O'Fallon
Red Brick
Southern Tier
Straight to Ale (local)
Tallgrass
Terrapin
Westbrook - Mexican Cake was just re-released
Yellowhammer (local)
Yuengling (LOL...just kidding)

There are others but these are the most notable in my opinion. You can find a complete list at seekabrew.com.

Many, many thanks if anyone is willing to help out.

Thanks for the heads up! They limit the order to one bottle, but that is one more than I have so I'm winning. I wonder how they are able to ship to Alabama.

The offer still stands if anyone is interested.

I really want to get in on a trade thing. I have been wanting to go back to Stone after my visit in April. If I do, I will post here again.

I won't be getting it this time but I did get about 8 bottles of the 5/17/13 and had one each week until 1 week after the 'enjoy by' date. It did change but it was awesome. Dank, hoppy, tasty, everything I'd want in an IPA.
It cost $8 a bottle and tapped me out but worth every penny IMO.

Phenomenal beer! I have had several bottles from the last two releases and can't wait for more. I'll keep an eye open for it.

We were in SoCal for Coachella and stopped by Stone on the way back to San Diego to pick up a growler of Enjoy By. I bought two liters thinking I could drink on it for a couple of days since I was the only beer drinker in the group. I ended up killing all but about 12 oz of the growler that night along with my first bottle of Pliny. I was so hung over the next day that I was in absolutely no mood to drink when we went to Stone the following day for lunch at the bistro and the tour.

Totally worth it!

Hi all...

I was lucky enough to be in San Diego right after the last Stone Enjoy By was bottled and thoroughly enjoyed (LOVED) that beer and would really like to have some of the new batch. Unfortunately we don't get Stone in Alabama. I haven't yet started trading so I don't have anything to offer at the moment, but if there is anyone that has access to Enjoy By I would be willing to either set up something through PayPal for cash or pick up some beers from this area that you may not be able to get.

I would also be interested in some Cherry Bomb from Julian Hard Ciders. This is my wife's favorite cider and we just learned that Julian would no longer be distributed in Georgia.

Breweries that I have access to and most west coast states don't are:
Avondale (local)
BackForty (local)
Bells
Blue Pants (local)
Choc
Founders
Good People (local) - Snakehandler is a pretty good DIPA.
Highland
Left Hand
O'Fallon
Red Brick
Southern Tier
Straight to Ale (local)
Tallgrass
Terrapin
Westbrook - Mexican Cake was just re-released
Yellowhammer (local)
Yuengling (LOL...just kidding)

There are others but these are the most notable in my opinion. You can find a complete list at seekabrew.com.

Many, many thanks if anyone is willing to help out.

buddy this stuff is hard enough to get here in California. Good luck

I have two of these bottles being held for me at the near by Whole Foods. Effin excited!!!

Jealous! As to the difficulty of getting it, I had no problem getting a growler at the Stone store when we were out there in April and they had plenty of bottles in the cooler.

I've had it a few times. I'm not really a big IPA fan so doesn't do much for me but I've had it on draft. If I see it in my travels I'll grab a few.

They have so many great beers on tap tho.

My buddy and I used to go there for happy hour. We made a game out of it. We order a beer, ask for food menus, and drink normally - no chugging or anything. If the beer is gone before they come back to take a food order, when they finally do come aroud, we pay for it and leave. After 10x in a row, we decided we were over slaters. Honestly, I think 25 degrees has better burgers anyway. And they usually have some craft on tap.

Then there was the time I tried to go there and all free parking was taken. I pulled up to the valet in my Challenger SRT8 and the valet says "Oh it's a stick. Hey who can drive stick??" Needless to say I didn't turn over my keys.

My buddy and I used to go there for happy hour. We made a game out of it. We order a beer, ask for food menus, and drink normally - no chugging or anything. If the beer is gone before they come back to take a food order, when they finally do come aroud, we pay for it and leave. After 10x in a row, we decided we were over slaters. Honestly, I think 25 degrees has better burgers anyway. And they usually have some craft on tap.

Then there was the time I tried to go there and all free parking was taken. I pulled up to the valet in my Challenger SRT8 and the valet says "Oh it's a stick. Hey who can drive stick??" Needless to say I didn't turn over my keys.

I sit at the bar. The brews flow smoothly. I understand about the valet. I would never valet my manual M3.

Been meaning to check out 25 degrees.

If you ask nicely and buy good beer, hilltop has these.

image.jpg

I sit at the bar. The brews flow smoothly. I understand about the valet. I would never valet my manual M3.

Been meaning to check out 25 degrees.

They get my vote. The downtown thing can be hard to enjoy sometimes, but they're somewhat slower than the places directly on main. The beer selection isn't great, but they usually have a tap or two of craft.

Hilltop liqr is on beach and Indianapolis.. I picked up a few of those at total wine last week when they were released. Slaters had it on tap on sat when I was there. Awesome beer! In my top 5 for sure. I haven't been to main street since I was a kid 15 years ago. Don't plan in going back anytime soon.

I've got one one the way, but would happily take more...and definitely would be interested in Ruination 10. If I had easy access I would probably have Ruination in my fridge all the time.

EDIT: PM sent

I've got one one the way, but would happily take more...and definitely would be interested in Ruination 10. If I had easy access I would probably have Ruination in my fridge all the time.

EDIT: PM sent

ruin 10 is ridiculously hoppy...
and I can get ruination 365

pm me and let me know....

Both the current Enjoy By and RuinTen are freaking fantastic. Thanks to CraftShack and hoptimistic for hooking it up!

Being originally born and raised in San Marcos, like Stone Brewery, I wish I could find any Stone anywhere in Hawaii. One of the only drawbacks of living in Paradise...

Well I had a glass if 7-14-13 and it was really nice... Only on tap at Lucky Baldwin's here in Pasadena, or I'd get some bottles...

Latest posts

Back