Help is my beer infected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgrzebieta

Reaction score
This is my second batch of home brew, I brewed a Hefeweizen style extract, fermented at 22 degrees Celsius for 14 days beer and after bottling it's been two weeks since I bottled and I have noticed a cloudy/milky residue at the top of my bottle attached are some pictures, is this normal and is my beer infected?

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

Great indicator of impatience, let the beer condition. There are lots of swirlies, sediments and stuff in home brew, especially bottle conditioned.

This beer is almost certainly infected with some strain of yeast. I prescribe time, followed by rapid chilling, and finally disposal into the stomach of nearby friends and family.

But seriosuly, you are fine, I get this in many brews and they always turn out great. RDWDAHB

:mug:

Thanks for your help guys, I was worried there for a bit but you've put my mind at ease.

I guess home brewing will teach me to have patience.

break out the clorox. open all of your beers and dump 1 tsp in each. that should kill the nasty buggers.

:) jk it looks fine. all that will settle out once it has finished conditioning. you generally cant see infections (unless you have a really bad mold). you really taste and smell them though...

Back