• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SE PA - Electric BIAB Rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodon

Reaction score
SOLD!!! Thanks John...I hope you enjoy it! :)

FIRST PERSON TO REPLY GETS FIRST SHOT...and so on and so on...

I am in the process of piecing out my entire homebrew system. Rather than put everything in a single thread, I am going to list them individually.

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME. If interested, reply to this thread.

Also, please don't PM me asking what else I have for sale. I am not listing anything until I am actually ready to sell it.

All items are pickup only (Douglassville, PA)...I will not ship anything.

-------------------------------------------

My other pride and joy... :(

My Electric BIAB rig.

All build details can be found here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/my-official-e-biab-build-thread-269164/

This system has been AWESOME!!! Set the temp...set the timer...walk away. :)

Comes with everything seen:

Boil kettle/mash tun
Control box
Pump
Stand
Water filter and hoses
SS spoon
Mash paddle
Hi-temo silicone pump hoses w/ quick disconnects
Steamer basket
Copper recirculation manifold
BIAB bag

240v and I want to say that the power cord will reach about 15ft.

Price: $500

If you would like the Spa panel mounted on the wall, the wire and conduit, and the 30amp breaker in the main panel, add $50.

If you would like the CFC listed here, add $40: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/se-pa-counterflow-chiller-cfc-50-a-319338/

I'll tell everybody one thing right now...I have WAY more money invested in this than $500. This is a true bargain!

IMG_4036.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4041.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

I wish I was closer! Whould you ship to 67401? I'd like a crack a bunch of stuff if you decide to break it up and were willing to ship. This is verymuch what I would like to do with my rig!

Swifty

I want it! But I can't afford it...

Very nice rig. Sorry to hear you're getting rid of it.

I wish I was closer! Whould you ship to 67401? I'd like a crack a bunch of stuff if you decide to break it up and were willing to ship. This is verymuch what I would like to do with my rig!

Swifty

Sorry Swifty...I want to sell as a complete system and pickup only. :(

John

I totally understand! I'd be the same way. Shipping stuff where ever is a huge pain in the ass.. Best of luck with it. I will be using many of your ideas for my build.

I'd like a crack at it if you do reconsider possibly shipping it. I can pay shipping from you to me on a 50lb, 2' X 2' X 2' box through fedex low and slow for 62 bucks.

I'd be glad to do this if you'd pack the major components into the pot (Controller, pump, filter, CF Chiller if it'd fit and for the additional cash, and hoses into the basket and in the pot. Maybe unbolt anything from the outside of the pot that looks like it may suffer and pitch it in the pot too). We'd gift the rack and the awesome potato masher mashing tool to someone local.

Again, if you decide it's something you're willing to mess with, I'd cover it!

I did some napkin math on what you are selling and what it'll cost me to duplicate it and it's going to sting much more than 6 bones. My offer stands until you sell it to someone locally!

I hope whatever has made you get out of brewing passes quickly man.. You have nice gear and I revisit your thread as a compliment!

Swifty

I'd like a crack at it if you do reconsider possibly shipping it. I can pay shipping from you to me on a 50lb, 2' X 2' X 2' box through fedex low and slow for 62 bucks.

I'd be glad to do this if you'd pack the major components into the pot (Controller, pump, filter, CF Chiller if it'd fit and for the additional cash, and hoses into the basket and in the pot. Maybe unbolt anything from the outside of the pot that looks like it may suffer and pitch it in the pot too). We'd gift the rack and the awesome potato masher mashing tool to someone local.

Again, if you decide it's something you're willing to mess with, I'd cover it!

I did some napkin math on what you are selling and what it'll cost me to duplicate it and it's going to sting much more than 6 bones. My offer stands until you sell it to someone locally!

I hope whatever has made you get out of brewing passes quickly man.. You have nice gear and I revisit your thread as a compliment!

Swifty

There is no way that a 2 x 2 x 2 box would fit the rack...even if broken down. The CFC would be an issue too...it wouldn't fit inside the pot.

Other than that I would consider it. I still really prefer to sell it as a complete unit to someone looking to move up from extract or away from propane. But if that doesn't happen we may be able to work somehting out.

John

I just listed it on CL but would much rather sell it to someone here. :)

This the perfect rig for someone looking to make the move from gas to electric. And although I list it as a BIAB rig, you most certainly can use it in a more traditional fashion with a separate mash tun.

John

I am considering picking this up. I am traveling to boston the 1st week of May. If I paid for it in full now, could I pick it up than. Just looking at my options. I would purchase the Spa electric box as well.

I am considering picking this up. I am traveling to boston the 1st week of May. If I paid for it in full now, could I pick it up than. Just looking at my options. I would purchase the Spa electric box as well.

You most certianly can.

If you would like I can run through a quick demo with water to show you how it works.

Shoot me a PM mrr.

John

I'd have to not get the rack. I was ready to do that. It's worth a hundred bucks and your gear minus it was still a great buy. Grats on your pending sale. I'm sure Mrr will enjoy it!

Look guys, my schedule is on the rocks. So to be respectful, and if anyone wants it and has the money, it is theirs.... I am still working things out, and dont feel right about holding it up.

Look guys, my schedule is on the rocks. So to be respectful, and if anyone wants it and has the money, it is theirs.... I am still working things out, and dont feel right about holding it up.

mrr...you still have first dibs. I can hold it as long as needed if you are able to pay upfront. If not, I will need to give John the opportunity. I really want to be fair. :)

John

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride, craapppp. LOL. Let me know if the original buyer falls through. I live out here in Central Jersey. Goodluck.

John

Hey John...

Just traded PMs with Matt.

If his plans fall through then you got next shot. He is going to let me know by Friday.

John

Hey John, John here, lol. Sounds good, let me know, I can paypal a deposit then come out and make the deal. Looks like a great setup, and as a fellow tech junkie I really respect your work. If you're clearing house I'm afraid I might get to many goodies.

John

Cosmatics, where are you at in Jersey? I would love to join in on a brewday with that thing if you pick it up...

Would love to have ya! If I get it.... lol. C'mon! I'm in Fanwood, in Union County. Might setup shop at my friends farm in NW jersey though. I work as a cook in nyc.

Just saw your fishing websites, damn, you can brew anytime you want if you let me in the secrets of the sport fishing world! That sport has always fascinated me.

Back