23 cu ft chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-ost

Reaction score
There is a CL post in my area for one these for 50$. Should I jump on this or is it WAY to big? I can only see myself needing/affording 4-5 kegs for a little while now but I would be replacing my current fridge with this (since I will be keeping this around 40* anyways) so that does leave some room for food...

beard_research%5B1%5D.jpg

5074101333_4087080c2a.jpg

Sorry, had to do it.

Anyways, it wouldn't be too big for me. I have a 19 cu foot chest freezer and am already running out of room.

I have a 21cf that I used as a kegerator/lagering chamber and loved it. I downsized to a 9cf for serving and now its my lager fermentation chamber/conditioning chamber.

You really can't have too much temp-controlled space, so I say if you've got a place to put it, snap it up.

I'm afraid the only place it will fit is outside in the carport. Of course I could put a lock on it and not be worried about things going missing but that is still outside and I don't feel like walking down 2 sets of stairs to pull a pint. If anyone is in Washington I'll send you the link if you can't find it. "must be gone this weekend"

Or you could buy it and sell it, ones that big around here are $500+

I have one about that size with only 6 kegs. Use the other half for bottles and extra milk, etc.

Selling it wouldn't be a bad idea if I picked it up. It sucks, this would be great for 4 kegs and 1 or 2 fermenters lagering in there... cold crashing... ingredient storage... If only I had more room!!

Selling it wouldn't be a bad idea if I picked it up. It sucks, this would be great for 4 kegs and 1 or 2 fermenters lagering in there... cold crashing... ingredient storage... If only I had more room!!

So... Did you do it?

No. I posted the link in the washington forums for someone else if they wanted it.

Back