Wedding Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewLou

Reaction score
I am getting married in May, and my fiance and I are making wine/beer for some of our wedding favors. We have already bottled her wine (shiraz) and it turned out great!

I currently have a Heffe in the 2ndary I plan on using for the wedding. I would like to do either a pale ale or a porter for the 2nd beer.

My thoughts for the porter mainly revolve around adding some vanilla to it to give it a mild flavor. I was thinking a cap in the primary boil and perhaps a cap full in the 2ndary? One other option I was tossing around was not adding anything until bottling. I would add a cap full of extract to the priming mix. Not sure how good of an idea this would be though.

Any thoughts on something mild tweak I could do to the Pale Ale, or any advice on the porter would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Dry Dock Urca Vanilla Porter from Northernbrewer looks pretty good, I have thought about making this one myself.

Good idea for the wedding! My good friend is getting married in July and I'm going to do two 5 gal kegs for the wedding gift. I did a porter and added vanilla bourbon extract to the boil and I wasn't able to pick up much of the aroma or flavor when the beer was ready to drink. My next batch I will be using vanilla beans in either the primary or secondary.

My personal preference is a high quality extract instead of beans. 3 tsp in the keg.

When I'm having a party and there's going to be a lot of people who don't like darker beers but still like craft beers, I brew up a nice APA with a lot of hop flavor and aroma.

Latest posts

Back