Anyone brewing this Turkey week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooking all day on Thursday......

Brewing on Friday and am considering also brewing on Saturday.

I'll be showing my wife how to bottle her summer ale,that's about it. We'll be cooking Wednesday & Thursday. At least our two ales will peak in time for Christmas.

Going to be using a lot of LP this week.

Wednesday -- brewing
Thanksgiving -- smoking a couple pork loins.

As I am writing this -- I am drinking a bomber of Troegs MadElf ale. This stuff is good and strong.

Cooking Thanksgiving dinner from today until Thursday, so no. But I do have an epic brewday planned this weekend. I'm doing a Baltic Porter/Mild parti-gyle. Should be fun.

I'm taking a Brewcation.

Yesterday, brewed two 1 gallon experiments.
Today, Brewed two more experiments.
Monday, bottling Yooper's 60 minute DFH India Pale Ale clone, and brewing two more experiments.
Tuesday, brewing an American Pale Ale.
Wednesday, my wife kills me.:cross:

Experiments:
No hops, just DME
Cascade SMASH
Amarillo SMASH
Chinook SMASH
Simcoe SMASH
Centennial SMASH
(trying to determine what each different type of hops taste like)

I wish. The weather was freakin' perfect for brewing all weekend, but I've been flat out cleaning the homestead the last two days preparing for the crush of immediate and extended family showing up starting Tuesday evening. No time for the simple pleasure of watching a pot boil ;)

On the up side, I have nearly 30 gallons on six faucets, another 20 gallons kegged and carbed, 5 gallons in secondary and another 5 still burping in primary. So at least the beer situation should be ready! :D

Cheers!

1 gal trial run of my Caldera IPA clone on Tuesday night with SWMBO. Should be a good time. Might crack a Blue Star clone bomber and see how it's coming along.

I'm probably going to brew a kitchen sink saison. I've got the yeast in the fridge for a while now, and I want to use up some ingredients. Should be interesting.

Since today counts I'm cooling second batch f the day now. First was honey amber ale the second was black dog ale both from midwestsupplies. May brew hop head or an irish red later this week, depending on what goes on.

I was originally going to brew a winter lager this coming weekend. I'm putting it off until the following weekend as I have a lager that I wanted at lagering temps just another week in my fermentation chamber.

I will be making a starter on Wednesday though.

I'm brewing a oatmeal stout Saturday after thanksgiving for 2 reasons 1st its been like 3 weeks since I brewed and I'm itching and 2nd my in-laws will be in and I don't like them so it will give me a chance to get away from them

Just got my new turkey fryer cleaned and conditioned today... so I'm ready for two brews this weekend, an American Wheat, and a Black Lager. I'm hoping I can piece together a wort chiller before then.

I plan on doing a double batch,cant decide if i want to hop the same and use Marris otter for one and Golden promise in the other to compare them or just marris otter but differnt hops to compare them. Im also going to use a white labs liquid yeast for the first time, any suggestions of which one to use? Im looking forward to comparing it to dry yeast but then again i have never used Marris otter or golden promise as a pure base. How does the wlp005 british ale sound??

Wife and I are Headed to Augusta, GA to spend Thanksgiving with our kids. They have been extract brewing for the last two years. We'll be doing an AG batch of Mac & Jack next weekend - good stuff!

Right now I'm brewing a turkey in brine.. I'm also brewing a AmPaleAle.. reached final gravity and waiting to clean up my bottles and small keg. No hurry.

Brewed a Belgian Dark Strong ale with date sugar today. Tomorrow I'm trying my hand at a Berliner Weiss--no boil, single decoction. It's my first decoction, so I'm a little nervous.

I am considering a Black Friday IPA, or maybe a cream stout. I also have a mead that needs to be racked off primary, and may dump an apfelwine on the cake.

Gonna attempt 10gal of an Imperial Red IPA with my wife, bro-in-law, and friends on Fri. Been tinkering with the recipe and will spend the week grinding grains, measuring, and planning. Should be a perfect day: 66 degree, sunny, and lots of helping hands!

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Don't know what day, but I'm going to make a Kolsch, which I'll then lager in my unheated mud room through December and January (it stays above freezing out there).

That and I'll bottle my sweet stout, amber, and the most recent batch of EdWort's apfelwein. Maybe I can do that during the 90 minute mash and 90 minute boil for the Kolsch.

Bottling a batch of BCB Rye IPA this morning......but all the rest of my beer is in fermenters or on the shelves. No more brewing until the Spring thaw.

Brewing up a Bourbon Porter in a few hours...transferring my a batch of pils to secondary...and consuming many IPAs, Bitters, and Browns (and maybe some apfelwein).

Got two 10 gallon batches planned for one day of brewing. Will start with a remake of my Indian Brown Ale, using exclusively my homegrown Cascades, then I'm gonna do a Strong Scottish Ale. Not sure if I'll do it Friday, Saturday or Sunday; it will be whichever day has approx. 12 hours of good weather.

Did 10 gal of my house Pale this past Friday and hope to do a chocolate oatmeal stout today. No brewing over the actual Turkey weekend.

Transferred a bath of Pumpkin Ale to a secondary last night, and am planning to build the kegerator conversion for my chest freezer this week over the holiday. Since that will give me room for 3-4 kegs in the future I might start another batch this weekend, but I need to focus on getting the cooler done. And building cabinets to go with it. And installing a sink to wash glasses. Sigh... the next batch might have to wait.

Back