Woooo Brew #2 and #1 isnt even bottled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
Damn... I am wondering how long this obsession will last. I am barely passed 2 weeks in, and I have -
Bought a 2nd primary and ingredients for my next batch.
Bought a turkey fryer and covered the outside for insulation (want to do FBs)
Bought a SS immersion wort chiller.

DUDE! I havent even BOTTLED my first beer (much less tasted it) and I am ass deep into this hobby. Ironically its not about the quantity of the beer, its about the quality. And the obsession for the 'better brew'.
Damn I cant wait! Im even thinking of calling in sick tomorrow and keeping my daughter home from school so she can help me!
LOL I Love it
-Me

Oh, can't ya just see it now..." Daddy kept me home yesterday to help him make beer". Her teachers would have the child protection agency on ya like fleas on a dog!
But.... I like it! And I sure as hell can understand (well...as much as any of us do!) the obsession!

Haha, obsession is the right word. I asked for MLT (well, a rubbermaid cooler) for Christmas this year from the wife :)

I did the same thing as the OP. Full brew kit, 9 gallon brewpot, external burner and made my first batch. Then I went out and bout a second fermenter and a bottle rack before I even bottled my first batch. Now my first is in bottles and my 2 fermenters are already filled again. Now I am thinking about buying a secondary fermenter when I go to make my next batch. Plus I just made Root Beer. So yeah it looks like I am going to have a 3rd Primary soon enough haha. I just wish I had more bottles. Man they take up a lot of space!

I know how you feel, I am 4 days into fermenting my first brew and already thinking of buying a corny keg, and another fermenter so I can "stock" up. :mug:

Back