Golf Cart Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BARBQ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As soon as I get some extra cash I am gonna do this one for neighborhood get togethers. I am guessing as long as the keg is force carbed it wont shake up to much driving. I am planning to put them on the back where the golf bag usually is and use the strap to go through the keg top collar to fasten down.

This is the cart I use for fishing

2rwkfiw.jpg

They (both) if I get two, but will probably test it with one first will be in a keg ice blanket like this link below

tankSock-B1.jpg

http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?productid=172425&featured=

Then I will use this mobile kegerator setup below to serve after they have force carbed for a week. Anybody have any luck with these not using a serving hose?

micro_hb_cartridge.jpg

http://www.kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=243

I force carb and no matter how good I am at leaving the sediment behind in the primary I still always end up with a little sediment in the bottom of my kegs when I empty one.

But neat idea! Just hope you don't have any cops that live on the block...

Trace a hole around the outside of the keg on the lid of your cooler. Cut a hole in the lid. Fill the cooler with ice and drill the keg into it. It will draw cool beer off the bottom of the keg, you don't have to keep the top in ice. Also, do a second keg to keg transfer to keep sediment from sloshing around. Having a keg just pressurized won't keep the sediment on the bottom.

Trace a hole around the outside of the keg on the lid of your cooler. Cut a hole in the lid. Fill the cooler with ice and drill the keg into it. It will draw cool beer off the bottom of the keg, you don't have to keep the top in ice. Also, do a second keg to keg transfer to keep sediment from sloshing around. Having a keg just pressurized won't keep the sediment on the bottom.

good idea on the cooler. I will have to see when I get the pocket kegger. Im not sure I understand the 2nd keg method. I dont think I am following about sediment.

good idea on the cooler. I will have to see when I get the pocket kegger. Im not sure I understand the 2nd keg method. I dont think I am following about sediment.

What I meant to do, but said poorly, was to do a keg to keg transfer before you take your beer with you. This will leave any sediment left in the keg you transferred from and will keep your beer on the road much clearer.

What I meant to do, but said poorly, was to do a keg to keg transfer before you take your beer with you. This will leave any sediment left in the keg you transferred from and will keep your beer on the road much clearer.

oh ok.

I was thinking if I used the keg ice/neoprene blanket I could get a typical hose/picnic tap and wrap the hose around the top of the keg like a coil and then try to put the blanket around it. This would keep the beer in the hose cool and I would still have the length I need. I would just have to leave the end out to serve.

got the keg blanket from kegconnection and I bought a pocket C02 thing from them to to save on shipping/ordering from same place, but when I got it no quick connect. Arggh. I am gonna go and get this from Keg Cowboy when I can go by there since I live in Houston. Pics soon to follow when I get everything together.

got everything together and tried it out. I figured I could either run the keg around on a dolly. This could be any kind of dolly. The C02 portable and the tap made this thing super portable with the ice blanket. If your a big guy you could even carry it around to pour spots, IE outside, pool, tailgate etc.

Then I got the same setup and ran the golf bad strap through the top handle, voila. I originally go this stuff for the cart, but I was amazed at how light weight everything was. The corny is gonna be the hvy thing. The neoprene blanket and ice wasnt much at all.

List:

Pocket Kegerator Setup - $46
http://kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=243

Keg Blanket - $29.95, $45.95 with ice blanket. (I bought with, but it looks like something you could buyout on your own, but it could be a wash)
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=342

Total= $92.00 (shipping was $10) = $102

$100 bucks for a mobile kegerator. Not bad. I like this setup so I dont have to mess with an ice cavity of some kind. Im not sure how long or how cold it will keep, but the first time I find out I will post.

IMG00170-20110411-1556.jpg

IMG00173-20110411-1557.jpg

*Subscribed*

Please update after you use it. I am really curious how the pocket kegerator setup works. At least if you don't catch any fish, you can catch a buzz....:drunk:

How are the pours out of this? I have the same basic setup but haven't put it together yet. I am concerned foaming will be an issue with no beer line.

I havent really poured a bunch to see the different foam at different keg pressure. One thing I was planning to do if no line ended up being a problem was to use a line with picnic tap and dip it down into the blanket to keep the line cole and coming back to the top of the sleeve with the tap head.

got everything together and tried it out. I figured I could either run the keg around on a dolly. This could be any kind of dolly. The C02 portable and the tap made this thing super portable with the ice blanket. If your a big guy you could even carry it around to pour spots, IE outside, pool, tailgate etc.

Then I got the same setup and ran the golf bad strap through the top handle, voila. I originally go this stuff for the cart, but I was amazed at how light weight everything was. The corny is gonna be the hvy thing. The neoprene blanket and ice wasnt much at all.

List:

Pocket Kegerator Setup - $46
http://kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=243

Keg Blanket - $29.95, $45.95 with ice blanket. (I bought with, but it looks like something you could buyout on your own, but it could be a wash)
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=342

Total= $92.00 (shipping was $10) = $102

$100 bucks for a mobile kegerator. Not bad. I like this setup so I dont have to mess with an ice cavity of some kind. Im not sure how long or how cold it will keep, but the first time I find out I will post.

That looks like a great day....fishing poles check, keg check. All you need is some tunes and you are set! :mug:

Good way to hide that thing would be to go buy a cheap golf bag and pull out all the interior divisions. Fill the bottom with any materials you want to (maybe even a bag of ice), and stick the keg into it so that the tap is right at the top of the bag. Make sure you get a bag that has the snap on zipper covers meant to protect the heads of the golf clubs, and you can set it up so that you just unzipper that cover, get your beer out of the tap, and zip it back up.

Nobody will ever know what you've got in there, it'll just look like you've got your golf bag on your golf cart.

yeah i saw this one too. Problem is I dont play golf so i dont need to hid it. Come out of your beer closet and quit hiding that beautiful keg!

Back