So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not this weekend but Monday or Tuesday.

Guinness Extra Stout clone from a AHS mini-mash kit.

I will be brewing Biermunchers wit beer tomrrow. Super excited to see how it turns out. I hope I dont need rice hulls :cross:

Brewing my Bitter as I type. Boiling right now. Gonna try it with White Labs Essex Ale Yeast (WLP022) instead of my usual Burton Ale Yeast. It's sunny and supposed to get to 89°F today. That's a little too warm for me, but better than rain.

Making a batch of Edworts Apfelwein with brown sugar and cinnimon

And I am brewing a lovely chocolate Oatmeal stout with 1.5 pounds of golden naked oats and a half pound of regular oats..... I kinda had to change my Stout recipe on the fly because when I got to my LHBS they had NO coffee malt but for some strange reason they DID have golden naked oats which they never had before and I have allways wanted to try so I threw something together like this...

6 pounds marris otter
1.5 pounds Chocolate malt
1.5 pounds golden naked oats
1 pound honey malt
8 oz of flaked oats (have some laying around so its going in too)
4 oz of roasted barley
2 oz of EKG

mash at around 156-158 I am thinking and see what happens..... pretty sure I will end up with beer :)

Just crushed grain for the first time with my new barley crusher. Looking at the crush, I can't believe I was even able to make beer with my LHBS grains:confused: I had no idea how bad it was.

Two hours until little league begins. 2.5 hours after that strike water hits my kettle:rockin: It's a good day:mug:

I'm brewing for my first time since getting back from Iraq a week ago, and it is awesome. The garage smells great. The music is rockin. The beer in my glass is cold, and the weather is perfect. Life is good.

I am going for it bro...so whats in asking this question lol....Nearly everybody goes for brewing at every weekend..as i think so!!!! :)

I'm brewing my House ESB today. Right in the middle of the mash in fact. It's a beautiful day to brew.

Just finished weighing my hops and crushing my grain. Soon as I eat something I'm getting the rest of the gear out so I can get the mash started.

[size=-1]BeerSmith Recipe Printout[/size]
[size=+2]Recipe: American Amber[/size]

Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (0.0)

Recipe Specifications

Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 7.69 gal
Estimated OG: 1.054 SG
Estimated Color: 13.3 SRM
Estimated IBU: 35.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 56.60 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
Code:
Amount        Item                                      Type         % or IBU      
9 lbs         Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)            Grain        67.92 %       
2 lbs         Munich Malt (9.0 SRM)                     Grain        15.09 %       
1 lbs         Victory Malt (25.0 SRM)                   Grain        7.55 %        
8.0 oz        Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)              Grain        3.77 %        
8.0 oz        Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM)     Grain        3.77 %        
4.0 oz        Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L (120.0 SRM)    Grain        1.89 %        
0.50 oz       Cascade (leaf) 5.8% [5.80 %]  (Dry Hop 7 dHops          -            
0.50 oz       Amarillo (leaf) [7.80 %]  (Dry Hop 7 days)Hops          -            
0.25 oz       Cascade [3.60 %]  (60 min)                Hops         3.4 IBU       
0.75 oz       Amarillo [6.60 %]  (60 min)               Hops         18.6 IBU      
0.50 oz       Cascade [3.60 %]  (15 min)                Hops         3.4 IBU       
0.50 oz       Amarillo [6.60 %]  (15 min)               Hops         6.2 IBU       
0.50 oz       Cascade [3.60 %]  (5 min)                 Hops         1.3 IBU       
0.50 oz       Amarillo [6.60 %]  (5 min)                Hops         2.5 IBU       
0.50 items    Campden Tablet (Mash 60.0 min)            Misc                       
1.00 items    Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 10.0 min)          Misc                       
1 Pkgs        SafAle American Ale (DCL Yeast #US-05)    Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 13.25 lb
Code:
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time     Name               Description                         Step Temp     
60 min        Mash In            Add 19.88 qt of water at 164.4 F    154.0 F

Just finished brewing. Did 5 gallons of Ed's Haus Pale Ale with a slightly adjusted hop schedule because I didn't have as much cascade as I thought. All in all, a very smooth brew day. And, I've got a 3lb pork loin in the crock pot right now that I'm going to cook for another 4 hours(already been cooking for 4 hours) and then it's gettin pulled apart:rockin:

Finally got my mash tun put together this weekend, so doing my first AG tomorrow, and what better recipe to break it in than Ed's HPA. Threw in a couple of extra pounds of 2-row to make up for expected low efficiency while I work out the kinks in my system. Brewing at my buddies house since my burner isn't here yet, and he's doing his house brown as well. Wish me luck!

Threw in a couple of extra pounds of 2-row to make up for expected low efficiency while I work out the kinks in my system.

Don't sell yourself or your system short. I did the same thing, and ended up getting great efficiency and wound up about 14 gravity points above where I should have been on my O.G..
Happy brewing and Good:mug: Luck to you.

Bottled up an English brown and I'm about 30 mins into my blonde's boil.

All the while drinking my own brew... life is good!:tank:

Halfway through the mash on eds haus pale. Once I get the boil on this one going, I'll be getting the mash started for an IPA.

Bubbling away nicely:

8lbs US 2-row
1.5 lbs Vienna
.5 lbs Crystal 40
.5 lbs Victory
.25 lbs flaked barley
37 IBU's of Centennial

This is a Victory malt taste test. I've never used it before.

I've got this same recipe without the Victory and with 1 pound C40 on tap now. It's a bit too sweet with a full pound of crystal 40.

Great Expectations Wheat

Am 2 row #3
Wheat Malt #4
Vienna #1
Munich #.5
Roasted Barley #.08

.25 oz Magnum @ 60 min
1 oz Saaz @ 10 min

Safale - 05

It was the best of times.....
Interviews for new job going well.

It was the worst of times.....
Found out after a pay-cut my job was ending soon.

Mash went great. Fabulous malty crackery tasting wort starting the boil...

Making a batch of Edworts Apfelwein with brown sugar and cinnimon

And I am brewing a lovely chocolate Oatmeal stout with 1.5 pounds of golden naked oats and a half pound of regular oats..... I kinda had to change my Stout recipe on the fly because when I got to my LHBS they had NO coffee malt but for some strange reason they DID have golden naked oats which they never had before and I have allways wanted to try so I threw something together like this...

6 pounds marris otter
1.5 pounds Chocolate malt
1.5 pounds golden naked oats
1 pound honey malt
8 oz of flaked oats (have some laying around so its going in too)
4 oz of roasted barley
2 oz of EKG

mash at around 156-158 I am thinking and see what happens..... pretty sure I will end up with beer :)

I was shooting for 5.25 gallons into the fermentor actually got somewhere closer to 5.33 into the fermentor and I am crediting that to the paint strainer bag I used for the first time yesterday!!!

est O.G was 1.060 at 80%
measured O.G 1.062 for 82.45%
Both the Stout and the Apfelwien are happily bubbling away this morning....

Back